“Less than desired”

Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Chosen on a whim and should have gone somewhere else. The room was ok but the rest of the hotel was rundown. They said that the place was being renovated but we did not see any work being done. The hallways had no A/C so were very hot and stuffy. Rubbish in the hallways, elevators were better suited for service use not for guests. Standard free breakfast and otherwise quiet.

Room Tip: Don't go unless desperate
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yabby12

Reviewed 29 September 2015

" Wow" want a mess! Stayed at this hotel for the weekend, the hotel staff (night shift) was very unprofessional. Didn't know what I was getting into until I got there (should have check this site). A friend booked it for me (truly a MISTAKE). When I walked in I notice how shabby it was, the hallways and elevator (only one working) was nasty and filled with debris ( Broke cardboard, chalk, and rubbish) all over the place. Wasn't told it was under renovation by anyone. The room was clean (yet dated) but the service was POOR if there were ANY SERVICE for that matter !!! We call for extra towels and washcloths and were told to come down stairs to get them, then when we did we were told to bring down the old (used towels). "Really" do I look like housekeeping - who's paying who??? The toilet stopped up (call NO Maintenance/after over an hour) - called again after waiting was told to "come get the plunger myself ". I did, but was truly NOT a happy camper. This place is in need of NEW MANAGEMENT as well as RENOVATION.
This "dew drop inn" is convenient to nearby shops, malls, and restaurants (W. Mercury Blvd) but unless they reorganize, restructure and RENOVATE (I wouldn't spend a dirty dime on this old outdated DUMP!!!)

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank jlt47
Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

Visited here in September 2015 and its a little dated, however, they are renovating so hopefully upgrades will improve this hotel. Our air conditioner wasn't quite working correctly so the hotel manager gave us a credit. They are very accommodating. I would rather wait until renovations are complete before I stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2015

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. From checking in to checking out elissa at the front desk made our stay very enjoyable with her pleasant personality and making sure all our requests were met with a smile and can do attitude. The hotel seemed to be older but well taken care of. Our room was very nice and clean so that was a plus and the beds were so comfortable and soft. (Kudos to the maids) The only "con" my wife and I had was that the bathtub wouldn't drain fast enough, this could be because the hotel was older but other than that everything was perfect. This is a great location with lots of restaurants close by as well as places to shop. Breakfast was very enjoyable, my children loved the waffles! Thanks so much for making our stay exceptional. We definitely will be back!!

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank nathant34
Reviewed 6 September 2015

The name clarion is added to only certain rooms of the old convention center to disguise the fact that this is a much dumpier hotel with very low end and unnappealing guests. Eating breakfast is like sitting in the waiting room at the welfare office.. or worse... the clarion rooms are refurbished but it's a dump. our room didn't even HAVE the safety catch for the door. I recall this place in it's heyday int the 80s, so I know what it once was. It is a dump. stay away. That being said, I got sucked in by hotwires telling me it was just like a 3 1/2 star hotel which is a lie. the folks who work here make an honest effort to make the best of the situation

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family