“sleazy”

Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 6 January 2015

When I was booking a hotel for New Years Eve, I accidentally booked a room through priceline for New Years Day and missed the short deadline they give you to make changes. I called the hotel personally to see if there was anything they could do and did not receive much help, but I booked a room through the hotel because I had a nearby event to attend and friends were also staying at this hotel. I mainly booked this hotel because it was "pet friendly" but when we arrived for check-in, I feared that I would not be allowed to check-in with my dog due to their "size" regulations (my dog is a 30lb black lab/dachshund mix) When checking in I asked the front-desk girl if there was again anything that could be done about my mistaken reservation to which she informed me that she did not see ANYTHING under my name for another date (the manager was hovering above her shoulder as she searched) She told me that it was common for the charge to be refunded into the account once the charges had settled so I proceeded to check in and enjoy my evening and check on the matter later.
The elevator's reeked of marijuana and when we arrived to our room the door was easily pushed open because it was unlocked! The room was freezing, the room was outdated for even being a "cheap" hotel option, and the bathroom was too cramped for two people, let alone the 4 max. that could stay.
My boyfriend described this hotel, the staff, the manager, and our entire experience perfectly in one word: SLEAZY! I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE, and am upset that I did not read the reviews before I booked.

Room Tip: I'm positive the good rooms are at OTHER hotels
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Desiree D
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2015

Hello Desiree,

We apologize if you encountered any issues during your visit to Clarion Inn. I hope that this will not deter you from visiting again.

Reviewed 31 December 2014

The Hotel General Manager is a very racist man... Has no compassion nor customer service skills towards weary travelers... The most absolute worst attitude in the world!!! Do not stay here!!! and he stated that " even if we were the President of the United States, he would not care about our feelings. Does not support Military and does not care about them or the Federal Government. "

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JPTOP8
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Clarion Inn in Hampton. I would like to apologize if you encountered any inconveniences during your visit. Your review has been shared with our staff and we will be making reasonable changes to our customer service.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

Checkin - I would say that this experience should have made me walk away. I approached the front desk and there was a woman complaining about the room that she was staying in and they were less than pleased about her. They really gave her a hard time about her reasoning and she only wanted a new room, not even a refund. So they finally agree to give her a different room. A few moments later, the lady that was checking me in was giving me a room and the MANAGER- told her to give me the room that the lady had just been complaining about. So when I asked her if that was the same room, the manager pretended not to hear me and walked away. The lady that was checking me in said discreetly, I'll just give you another room. I was grateful and a little annoyed, by that because the manager didn't intend to rectify whatever it was the other customer found unsatisfactory.

The room- needs upgrading the wallpapers were peeling. The pullout couch was very worn and in need of a new mattress, the floor would have been better frankly. The extra linen that was provided for the pullout was not fresh and smelled like it hadn't been replaced in quite a while. The room was otherwise clean, just really in need of upgrading and a good clean down, it felt dingy. The television was bulky and a tube.

Elevator- one was out of order and we were on the 7th floor, so that was annoying.

I wouldn't stay again.

2  Thank TB687
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2014

Dear T B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I would also like to apologize if the manager working that day seemed to have a foul attitude and I can assure the manager probably just did not hear the question/comment made by you about the room. I am however glad that our guest service agent was able to accommodate you with a different room than the one previously given to other guest that they did not take. We are aware that our property is in need of some improvements and we are working toward making changes to our property to better address our guests wants and needs. Your feedback will be used in our ongoing efforts to improve our staff and our performance.

Thank you, T B, and we hope you'll consider giving us a second chance.

Reviewed 8 September 2014

Hotel in need of repairs. One of two elevators out of order. Dirty towels issued with clean dingy towels. Security lock broken off room door. Ice machine leaking in hall . Over all decor dim and could use painting.

2  Thank Lester S

Hello Lester S,

Thank you for leaving a review. Our property is looking forward to having renovations and making improvements to better suit our guests wants and needs. We are an older property and we try our best to keep the hotel suitable for our guests with what we have. We appreciate all kinds of feedback and we are glad to hear from. This will help us when making our improvements and we hope we can make our hotel the best for our guests.

Thank you, Lester S, have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Hotel is very dated inside and out. Hallway, elevator and sleeping room was filthy. Room had ants crawling everywhere including the bed. Dead cockroaches in hallway. Could not sleep in the bed because I felt there were ants crawling on me. Bathroom is so small and found hair on floor. The hotel is in a great location, but be careful if going out alone. Pay a little extra and find yourself a nicer hotel. PLEASE BE AWARE AND STAY AWAY!!!

4  Thank njstrong

Dear njstrong,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize that you were not satisfied with your visit. I hope you had a chance to share your discomfort with our staff while you were still at our property so we can address the issues. As a property we are looking forward to making changes to our appearance to better suit our guests and their needs and are hoping to see changes sooner than later. Our property is treated by an exterminator to prevent pests from entering but due to unforeseeable conditions that may occur pests can still enter. In the event there are pests in our hotel we take the proper precautions and will treat the areas affected. We want our guests to be comfortable and feel secure so we will try our best to make that happen. Your review has been helpful with the training and retraining of staff and is helpful in making future decisions regarding cleanliness, extermination, and ways to improve guest satisfaction.

Thank you, njstrong. Have a wonderful week.