“Lovely place, location and host!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Venards Lodge

Fully equipped modern kitchen
The Linwood Room, double with ensuite shower room Venards Lodge, as seen from the driveway across the entrance lawn
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Linwood Room, double with ensuite shower room
Venards Lodge, as seen from the driveway across the entrance lawn
The ensuite bathroom to the Gorley Room
The Gorley Room has a super king bed and ensuite bathroom with shower too
The bright sunny Sitting Room
Welcome Hamper and homemade cake for our guests
Awarded the coveted '5 Star Gold' rating from  Visit England
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lucybaili...
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, location and host!”
Reviewed 18 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

My family including two young children and grandparents really enjoyed our stay here - comfortable accommodation with plenty of room and wonderful location with donkeys, cows and horses strolling past. Nadine looked after us very well with a welcome basket, homemade cake and fresh eggs plus the opportunity to feed the chickens. Couldn't recommend it highly enough! Will try and be back.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: WIFI comes and goes but that could have been as we were running too much off it.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
3 Feb 2015
Thanks so much, really appreciate you taking the time to do the review, many thanks.
Kylie G
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect week”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Thank you Nadine and family for a great stress free week at Venards Lodge.
The house was the perfect size for us, especially as we had friends staying with 6 month old twins, plus our own 2 girls!
Everything was done to make our stay in the house as comfortable as possible. Furnishings were of a very high standard, the kitchen was well equipped including the essential nespresso coffee machine and 2 cots and high chairs for the twins!
We loved the Welcome basket, it added a really nice touch and was full of local produce.
We would highly recommend this house to our friends.
Ps our girls adored the chickens that visited on a 'regular basis!'

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The general standard of the furnishings.
Liked least: Master bedroom mattress!
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
17 Sep 2014
Was lovely to welcome you to the New Forest and thanks for the 'comment' on the bed, as we don't sleep in there we don't know what it's like and no-one else has said anything!! New mattress now in place!!
Ed B
London, United Kingdom
“Did not disappoint. A great house in a lovely spot.”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

A great spot. The house is furnished and kept to a very high standard. Nadine was professional and charming from beginning to end.
We were two families with toddlers and it suited us perfectly. The kids were happy feeding/chasing chickens and looking at passing donkeys. Meanwhile we were more than content with the lovely garden and the BBQ. Highly recommended.

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
17 Sep 2014
Thanks so much, so glad you enjoyed your stay here in the New Forest.
tomsoper
singapore
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We had a brilliant time at Venards Lodge. The Lodge itself is beautifully renovated with everything you could need supplied - comfy bedding, very well-stocked kitchen, sky tv, bbq etc etc. Nadine was an amazing host who was very willing to help us out with anything - she even gave me an old mobile to use while we were in the UK and did some printing for us. Nothing was too much. Our one-year-old Sam loved the chickens who roamed around the garden and we all loved the stunning scenery and wildlife of the New Forest. One of the nicest touches was the basket of goodies Nadine left for our arrival - jams, chutneys, mustard, fresh eggs and an incredibly delicious home-made cake. (oh and also a little silver spoon to keep as a moment of our stay!). We would highly recommend Venards Lodge to anyone.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
17 Sep 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay, it's great to hear. Many thanks and I hope we may see you here again!
Sophia C
Arlington, Massachusetts
“An extremely well appointed cottage with all the modern comforts set in a relaxing idyllic countryside.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This review should be predicated with the fact that (a) I'm a city girl through and through and (b) visiting from "the States".

I stayed at this lovely venue for 7 days for my friend's week of wedding celebration and prep. The accommodations were heavenly. Since I was with the bride to be from the moment she checked in, I felt it was my due diligence to lay down on several of the beds to test them :). Each one was luxurious, to the point that I am now very seriously considering getting a new mattress at home. All of the bathrooms were very clean and nicely furnished. I used the shower only in one of them and it was a decent shower. I've been told the other shower has fantastic water pressure. I did not try all of the bathrooms ... that seemed a bit excessive ;-). Each of the rooms (except for the one with the bunk beds) had plenty of room and a lot of closet space. The one with the bunk beds was a little small, but if used for kids the perfect size. There is a very comfortable living room (lounge?) that is a nice large size. It comfortably accommodated a group of 10. There is also a nice dining room that has a door leading to the backyard (garden?) that also has a board games, toys and a gaming console for potentially bored teens. I absolutely loved the kitchen. It was a good size to have several people making dinner without running into each other. My favorite features were the dishwasher (yay no need to waste time doing the dishes) and the espresso machine (caffeine addict for more years than I can count). The outdoor space was also wonderful, there are two patio tables on two sides of the house so that no matter what time of day you can choose to be in the sun or not (if it was sunny). Also, I apparently arrived during a 'heat wave' of sorts. From my perspective, this was equally important. The way the cottage is constructed and the windows laid out, it was never stifling inside. This is important for me because I'm used to air conditioning inside when it's that hot outside. And I didn't notice it at all because of the air flow.

Regarding the environment, I loved seeing the wild horses trotting along. And looking at the stars from the garden was amazing. It was so peaceful and tranquil. The view from the garden was also quite lovely and I didn't miss the city noises at all (which is kind of shocking to me). I also enjoyed watching the chickens, my favorites are the one the that looked like an emu and the ones that look like they're wearing trousers :D.

So all of this already makes this place a fantastic cottage to stay it for a holiday. The icing to this cake is Nadine. She was incredibly nice and so helpful. My friend needed a few last minute things for her wedding, but didn't know where or how and just happened to mention the issues and Nadine not only had suggestions, she actually went above and beyond and connected my friend to the right people. Speaking of cake, did I mention the delicious lemon drizzle cake that awaited us that she made herself and was so so yummy?

Long (sorry) story short, I wish I was more local so I could come here on holiday with my friend. Recommend without hesitation :).

The only tip is that everyone seems to have gotten lost trying to find this place ... so, maybe a larger sign? The only sign is on the gate that is open and it's hard to see during the day.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Espresso machine and tranquility
Liked least: Not living close enough to visit again
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
1 Aug 2014
Thank you. As always we really appreciate the time people take to leave a review. Glad you liked the cake, it's a firm favourite with our whole family and ALL our friends! Totally agree about the signs and they are now designed and ordered.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing