All reviews the breakfast area richmond area pull out couch waffles stores and restaurants change rooms beds were comfortable nice property checking out free breakfast upon check pillows cereal toothbrush panera lotion remote
Reviewed 7 October 2017

This hotel is in a convenient location on the far west end of the Richmond area. There appear to be renovations to the common areas and rooms. Maintenance and housekeeping could use some upgrading. We experienced a loose toilet seat and broken leg on the armoire. The bath mirror had toothpaste residue from previous guests. Although a Choice Hotel Elite Gold member, we were placed on the 5th floor with no vending or ice machines. The vending room appeared to be under renovation. The room was a suite and spacious. Lighting was very good in the bath and by the bed but very dark at the suite entry way and area which contained the microwave, coffee maker and fridge. Overall, a hotel with many good aspects. Could be excellent with more attention to maintenance and housekeeping.

Room Tip: Ask for room on a floor with functioning ice and vending machines.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lrllsl
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We needed a place to stay while traveling to the Outer Banks and only needed one night. Good location. The lobby was nice and actually had a fireplace. The hotel did have a pool but no hot tub which would have been fabulous after a long day of traveling. Our room was spacious, but the plaster on the walls was cracked in spots. Everything was clean. We had to get up on the road quite early so we weren't able to take advantage of the breakfast, but the seating area for the breakfast was nice and spacious. There was a security car parked in the lot overnight which made me wonder about the area, but we didn't see any problems.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Comfort Suites I, General Manager at Comfort Suites Innsbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Good afternoon, I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Outer Banks, one of our favorite places to visit as well. Thank you for letting me know of the plaster peeling in your suite. We sill surly determine the cause and get repaired. Actually the security car you noted in our lot is a local Henrico police officer that is staying with us due to a fire in his apartment. The office park does have its own security patrol. The Innsbrook area is safe and well secured. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Wife and I were in the Richmond area meeting with builders for a new home for a relocation from Florida and stayed an evening at this hotel. Check-in was delayed somewhat as there was a LARGE family checking in ahead of us but the ten minute wait was tolerable. Check-in went smoothly and was handled by a young gentleman of color at the front desk. Suite itself was appointed nicely, bed very comfortable but the air conditioner droned a bit loudly during the night. Bathroom was clean and appointed nicely. Shower was hot and welcome after a trip up from Florida. The wallpaper above the shower head was peeling revealing the beginnings of mold underneath which didn't detract ostensibly from the stay. Complimentary breakfast the next morning was good, great coffee, and the fresh make-'em'-yourself waffles were excellent. Attendant was ever-present refilling and cleaning but never in the way. Check-out was a breeze and we left refreshed and reinvigorated. Thanks Comfort for the Badda-Book, Badda-Boom!

Room Tip: Fourth floor gets you away from any street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the wait at check in. We will check on that AC noise and the peeling wall vinyl in the bath to get those things repaired. I am glad you were able to come down and enjoy breakfast before your left. You are right, the waffles are excellent. I try not to enjoy many here, makes them more special when I get to enjoy on a trip away. Richmond has alot to offer. We hope you enjoy your transition to the area, Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My husband chose this hotel because I usually won't stay in a hotel that is below 3 stars or has bad reviews. Plus I wanted to be close to Short Pump to do some shopping since they have all my favorite stores. Also, he did not want to pay a lot for a week in Richmond for my boys merit badge week for Boy scouts and Comfort Inn had good rates for the week we stayed in August (HOT) It was not that close to downtown Richmond (where most the classes were held) about a 15 minute drive depending on traffic which was extremely heavy in AM and evening. (I thought D.C. was bad.) The hotel is located around other hotels i.e. Hampton Inn, Holiday Garden Inn, etc. and enough places to eat (love Panera). The hotel offers free breakfast which is the usual eggs, a breakfast meat, cereal, danish, waffle bar, orange and apple juice, etc. it was okay nothing great. The staff was nice (the gentleman in charge of breakfast did not seem all that friendly) and rooms were clean except for the couple of hairs embedded in the sheets which did not belong to me or my two sons especially when it was the first time pulling comforter down, yuck. My boys both forgot their toothbrushes and the hotel gave us complimentary tooth brushes and toothpaste. There is complimentary shampoo, soap, lotion and coffee. Hairdryer, refrigerator, desk, iron/ironing board and pull out couch in our king size bedroom. Bed was hard and pillows where okay but hard to go from a sleep number bed to a hotel bed, but by third night I got use to it. Did not have any problems with noice, but the ice machine on our floor (5th) as well as 2nd and 3rd out of order. They do have a small indoor pool but the one and only time we got a chance to use it, it was shut down for maintenance but they offered free pool admission at the Y, did not know where that was located and did not want to travel out of hotel to go swimming. Did not have issues with their internet seemed to work fine. The only other thing is when our toilet got clogged one evening there was no maintenance there so they offered a plunger or change rooms. We chose the plunger which they put in a bag for us and if that did not fix it I would of changed rooms. It was an okay stay with minor incidents but we did not spend a whole lot of time at hotel to be unhappy or inconvenienced. I would probably stay again, it fit the needs we were looking for and it was clean with a nice lobby. We also had some great wings, Panera, and soup as well as five guys fries.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us.I hope your son enjoyed the area and working on his merit badges. ( I am an Eagle Scout myself). I am glad you found your room to be comfortable. I am sorry for the situation with the toilet and not having our maintenance staff on site when it was reported. I will get with our housekeeping team and the breakfast server in regards to the comments you mentioned. The hotel is in a great area with numerious dining and shopping options to choose from. Both Panera and Five Guys Burgers are favorites of mine. We hope you will visit us again when in the area. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

This hotel provides large rooms and they are comfortable. However for business and personal travel I need internet access. The internet access here was frustrating. No problem connecting...but pages either don't load or load so slow that you give up. I complained by leaving a note at the counter and received no response. Then I complained in person as was given the number for Tech Support. This was silly...the router is for each floor not each room. Then she asked if my equipment was the problem. Well..lady ...it was not a problem on the other 15 hotels and 40 nights thus far this year. Not having internet access or decent internet access (slow loading pages) is not acceptable now-a-days. For this reason the hotel is not recommended!

Room Tip: Need Internet - Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am very sorry for the poor connection on the wireless service and the reply you received from our Support team. I understand this is frustrating and we are taking actions to replace and update our wireless equipment to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you for your feedback.