“Great pizza & salad”

Got a photo?
Add it.
R J's Pizza
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Galax
Description: RJ's Pizza has been serving good food, in a family friendly atmosphere for over 25 years. Daily lunch specials or standard menu items, it's all available at very reasonable prices. If you're a regular customer or new to the area and looking for a great dining experience come by and let the folks at RJ's Pizza take care of you. You can also call ahead for quick and easy take out service. Thanks and call or come by today.
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Loved their house salad with homemade ranch dressing. The salad had a lots of mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. We got a deluxe small thin crust pizza with mozzarella sticks. Delicious. Ended with apple tart with vanilla ice cream-perfect!

Reviewed 12 July 2015

After biking some on the New River Trail, my wife and I decided to eat lunch in Galax. We found this pizza shop which was still very busy at 2 in the afternoon on a Friday. There is a reason it is busy! Good Italian at reasonable prices. Homemade lemonade was great! I usually try lasagna when I am in new Italian restaurants. This was easily in the top five, maybe three!

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

The food is tasty but every time I have been there the service is so slow .. One time I was meeting my daughter there and u went in to get a table and order for us and my daughter got there 15 minutes later and we still waited 5 minutes to even be acknowledged .. Last night we all met again and this time we only got half of our food and had to go to counter to reorder..! Then our server left without saying anything to us and we got no refills and had to go to counter to get our bill..! Since this has happened to us twice,, I feel it is the norm around there and I can say it will be a long time before I go back if ever..!!!!!

1  Thank Wanda R
Reviewed 8 July 2015

RJ's Pizza, an Italian hot spot in the Mountains of Virginia? Yes, If you go for fancy decor , Dean Martin singing, or fancy Italian meals, don't go. If you want great tasting Italian food, friendly service, and a good price then go on in. That is if you can find a table. It is usually full of good old mountain boys all wearing a baseball hat and pretty girls by their side. Their Stromboli is worth the trip. Just crispy enough with good fillings and not to soupy to interfere with the flavor. A visit to RJ's is a fun and interesting side trip. Pizza's are just as good. Enough cheese and sauce to make your other toppings make this Pizza taste good. Once your meal comes to the table, it gets quiet because every one is to busy eating good Italian food in the mountains of Virginia.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

Perhaps it was because this was rated the #1 restaurant in Galax but I was expecting much more. DH and I came here for dinner on a Saturday night in June. The location is good on the main road going in and out of Galax with the Hampton Inn just a few blocks away. It is typical of an old Pizza Inn, not in architecture but in decor and style. DH and shared a meat calzone. It was totally different than any calzone I've ever had. It was more like a stuffed pizza. It was as large as the dinner plate but almost completely flat. The crust as dry and almost tough, the filling had little meat, some tomato sauce, sparce peppers, almost no onions and a miniscule amount of cheese. Thankfully, we had eaten a large lunch or we would have left hungry. The prices were very reasonable but I was not impressed with the food at any price.

Been to R J's Pizza? Share your experiences!