All reviews modern rooms booked rooms walking distance front desk staff morning breakfast excellent location great hotel mini fridge plenty of parking the breakfast area bagels would stay here again andre wedding keurig login property
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We have kids and grandkids nearby. Have been coming to the area several times a year for the last five years, always staying at another hotel chain with which we have a very high loyalty status. Decided to give this a try since it's closer to where the kids live. Thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay here! It began with quick, easy, FRIENDLY checkin, since we had already used the Marriott app to checkin. It's fairly new. The rooms are modern, comfortable and clean. loved the large walking shower. Excellent beds. Lots of plugins for the way too many mobile devices we seem to have accumulated. Very quiet. A typical "free" morning breakfast made exceptional by the friendly morning staff. Great start to the day. Better coffee than most hotels we've stayed in. Excellent location. Several excellent food and fun options in walking distance. Whenever we stay at a Marriott property we always leave feeling like they really are better than most. It's the people. There seem to be so many miserable people in the hospitality business. NOT HERE. The staff here were really excellent, without exception. Friendly. Courteous. Helpful. Attentive. HAPPY...YES, HAPPY HOTEL STAFF...ALL OF THEM! It tells me a lot about the hotel General Manager and others in leadership. Very customer focused. So happy we tried this hotel. It contributed to a wonderful visit to see the family. We'll definitely be back.

Room tip: We always ask for high rooms away from elevators...tend to be more quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Luis K, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Ken L:

We thank you for your wonderful feedback, and amazing rating! You can always count on us for a hospitable stay. It was a true honor to receive such great feedback on our entire team. We have a very delightful team whom provides genuine service to each, and every guest. We have shared your amazing feedback with the entire team!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Luis Kuglitsch

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights for a wedding. Front desk staff and other staff I encountered were all helpful and friendly. Room was so nice, clean, large, and had some extras that other hotels at the same price do not. Bed was comfortable as well.
Located in the middle of a shopping area which is a little strange but turned out to be convenient to walk across parking lot to a wide range of restaurants and stores. Across the street, even more shopping! Grocery, liquor, clothing, nails, hair, everything you need.
Nice outdoor patio with fireplace. Cons were that the bar was hit or miss, didn't stay open for very long and the outdoor patio closed when the bar closed. We wanted to sit outside after the wedding reception and chill but patio was closed...10:30pm or so on a Saturday night.... tiny little indoor pool.
Decent workout room and good breakfast though! I'd definitely stay there again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear RoadWarrior1988:

We thank you for your amazing feedback, and great rating! You can always count on us for a great stay! I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel as its located in a great outdoor shopping plaza filled with restaurants, bars, and outdoor activities! I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. I do apologize for the bar/patio closing earlier, however we do this to help with reducing the noise level from the patio to ensure that our guests are able to get a good nights rest.

We do look forward to your next stay with us!

Luis Kuglitsch

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Hotel location very convient spot it’s a shame that some of the staff is rude and have no social skills attitude and tone of voice is sharp and unacceptable the tall African American women who works the bar and the desk is not very accommodating my boyfriend and I wanted a drink and she refused and told me there was an atm down the street I had to pay cash I should be able to charge anything I want to my room at any time considering I was charged for incidentals most of the front desk employees need a Marriott course on treating there “members”.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Cindy H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Kgiswolf21, I am very saddened to hear that you found our service to be below your standards. We would like to know more. Please email us with a phone number or email address so we can discuss your concerns personally.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and modern. Maybe too modern. The bathroom has a motion sensor for the light. If your significant other went to the bathroom in the middle of the night, it would light up the whole room, but I travel alone for work, so it’s kind of cool. You can see from the pictures that the room is very well laid out for business travel. There is a fridge, and you can use your phone as the key, which are my two musts. The area around it is convenient and has a whole lot of choices for restaurants and even a target close. I’m very happy with this hotel!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Cindy H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville Haymarket, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Maddogsvolusia,

Thank you for staying with us and providing this detailed review. Our team takes pride in delivering friendly service and clean rooms. Our location is definitely one of the things we are proud of about our hotel and mobile key is another! I am glad you enjoy both. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

My family and I were in town for a wedding. Check-in was quick & friendly. Andre was a pleasure to speak with and his attitude brightened our afternoon. When unpacking, I realized I had dress pants in need of minor sewing. We called down for a sewing kit and Andre was at our room in 5 minutes and refused a tip!! Next morning, amazing breakfast service - you guessed it - Andre again!! I travel for business & pleasure nearly 200 hotel nights a year - this SpringHill property rivals ANY 5-Star hotel WORLDWIDE!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear schultzs2018,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about our hotel and Andre. He takes great pride in providing exceptional guest service and will be delighted to know you were pleased with his service. We hope to welcome you back again when you are in the area!