“Wonderful hometown bakery !”

Down Home Comfort Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Front Royal
Description: Down Home Comfort Bakery is your hometown bakery specializing in all natural ingredients.
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This is the best bakery around! The cinnamon rolls are enormous and simply delicious. Our family loves going there on weekends.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

My husband, Ken, and I just happened to drop in to this delightful find of a bakery of various breads and cookies and cakes while exploring the Main Street of Front Royal, Va.. It was hard to contain ourselves! The atmosphere was warm and cozy with a couple of tables where you could enjoy a cup of coffee and one of their delicious sweet cookies, scones or cakes. Their creations are natural and baked by the owner's wife. This is a couple's business that has been around for quite some time. We felt very welcome and of course, the more we talked, the more we bought. I can hardly wait to dive into the rosemary with cranberry loaf of bread. I highly recommend that you explore this delightful find!

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Pies do not taste very good at all, had to throw them both out, better off making your own pies. Tried a couple of other things out as well, can't remember what they where, we threw them out as well. Nothing we purchased from here was good, I hate to say it, because this area needs a bakery, but this one just misses it.

2  Thank biotdgba
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

As soon as you walk into this bakery your mouth starts watering. I absolutely love the pecan bourbon pie and the chocolate chip cookies with marshmallow cream!

2  Thank Shawna W
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We had stopped one weekday afternoon after smelling the inviting aroma of baking as we walked on Main Street, Front Royal. We had the cherry vanilla scone and the apple scone. Both were very good. My cherry vanilla scone tasted like Irish soda bread and had a soft consistency that was chewy (The Starbucks scones I have had in the past were crusty). I washed down my scone with a freshly made cup of coffee - they have a thermos that is kept in the bakery on the side with cups, and fixings and you can help yourself after paying at the front desk. The restaurant is eclectic in the midst of various handmade soap offerings, jams, jellies, and antiques. The parking (at least on a weekday) was plentiful on the street and free. Main Street is a quaint walk but on summer days the sun is sharp and shade is scarce.