All reviews golf course houlihan's restaurant attached restaurant skyline drive golf club next morning nice hotel shenandoah national park blue ridge fitness center complimentary breakfast bed was very comfortable front desk staff exercise room parking lot lobby royal
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Perfect base for heading off to the Skyline Drive. Staff were very friendly, and the pool was a nice welcome relief at the end of the day, overlooking a peaceful golf course. Beds were extremely comfortable, and the room was adequate and clean, with a fridge, safe, ironing board and coffee machine

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KentMadmum
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. I am glad that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here before some years ago and it is still pretty good though I am not sure if it is quite as good as it once was. The rooms were clean and nice except for one weird thing - the bed skirts were filthy. I think they were having some issues with the air conditioning in the main areas as there were some odd smells. Having said all this, this is a very nice hotel, and the pool is nice. It's worth having a room with a view of the golf course as it is really pretty. We saw a couple of deer down by the stream in the early morning. The pool is nice although the spa looked a bit green and moody. Altogether good stay but wish they would fix those few little issues.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. I appreciate your feedback. I understand your concerns about some of the fine details of your stay. We have heard your concerns and will address any issues immediately. We hope you continue to visit and stay at Holiday Inn Hotels.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here over night, room was really nice, bed was very comfortable and the staff was great. Are lunch and dinner in restaurant called houilhans, food was great and so was the staff. Also everyone was really very friendly. Great stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

This hotel is very easy to get to, just a couple of miles off I-81. But it is convenient to getting into town, and not far from Skyline Drive and other attractions.

Hanna at the front desk was so very helpful when I checked in. My room was not yet ready (I was a little early), but she found another room for me.

The property is very well maintained, very clean and nicely laid out. The pool area was also very clean and the temp was comfortable.

There is a chain restaurant/bar on-site. That makes it convenient for lunch and dinner/beverages. However, that also means they do not offer a free breakfast.

I was there for a women's motorcycle rally. All of the staff were accommodating and friendly. Many of the guests were surprised and tickled to see so many women motorcyclists!

My guest room was very clean, very up-to-date. Plenty of outlets and the wi-fi reception was good.

The only negatives were that the air conditioner was a bit noisy and there are only two elevators, and they seemed to take forever.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. I am glad you got a chance to stay with us with the motorcycle rally and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

First off this town offers few nice hotels. I am an IHG reward member and stay often at holiday inns. The hotel was nice, staff friendly, and overall clean. However, the bathroom had hairs in the tub and sink. Since I am bald I know they weren’t mine. The site is not pet friendly, but do have dogs from the local border patrol drug dog training center that stay on site. I feel since those dogs are already on site, which should be allowed, why not add pet friendly rooms for regular guest.

The service at the attached restaurant was slow and I think smiling was against the rules because no one working smiled. The food was adequate but pancakes sausage and scrambled eggs took 20 minutes to come out.

Overall hotel was good for a overnight stay. I just suggest you become pet friendly since you already have dogs on site anyway. Make sure housekeeping pays attention to the details.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
HolidayInnFrontRoyal, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows. I appreciate your feedback and your suggestions about housekeeping and possibly becoming pet-friendly. Thank you for these comments.