“Amazing Combination of service and food.”

Saffron Indian Cuisine
Ranked #37 of 370 Restaurants in Falls Church
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We have eaten their food at least 20 times. It is always excellent and we love the vegetarian korma and the palak paneer. The crispy spinach appetizer has improve to an excellent level since they started offering it. The service is personal and excellent and reminds us of service at 5 star restaurants. It is a small venue, but I advise you to take your chances and visit. Portions are generous and wine is good and not overpriced. We bought friends here who live over an hour away and they have come back here to go to the restaurant!!

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I crush on lamb biryani.
Outside of Calcutta, with its eclectic muslim and bengali flavors and foods-this place has the best biryani!!
Hassan-the gentleman and manager from Bombay was soooo courteous.
3 minutes before closing, I was able to get in and order take out...thank you Hassan.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Saffron has become our go-to Indian restaurant. We love the palak chat (best of any we've had locally and on par with Rasikka), the chicken tikka lettuce wraps (delicious), the Kashmeri naan, and the entrees we always order--chicken tikka masala and other chicken variations--butter chicken, chicken korma, chicken vindaloo. Tried the fish curry twice but found the fish overcooked. And we need to try the Kofta again--the two times we had it, the dumplings were not memorable, an odd lapse for such a good restaurant. Serving sizes are always ample, so we plan to take home food for dinner the next night.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

We enjoy Indian food both fine cuisine as well as "home cooked". Saffron is a really good, home-cooed Indian Restaurant. Their Karai Palak Chaat (crispy spinach) appetizer was yummy. The rice is aromatic and flavorful. Their curry dishes were also so fresh and tasty.

The restaurant is also a great value proposition.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Was craving some Indian food while working in Falls Church and all of the travel websites were suggesting Saffron. We weren't steered wrong. Met up with some friends and had a wonderful meal here. My only regret was that I ordered the chicken tikka masala (which is a staple at any Indian restaurant) when I should've been more adventurous. My husband was rewarded for his adventurousness when he had some amazing lamb. My tikka masala was fine, but there were other, better things I could've eaten. The staff were extremely attentive, always topping off our drinks and making sure we had everything we needed to fully enjoy our meal. It was a very nice experience. But I recommend to anyone eating here--be adventurous!