“Amazing!!”
Review of TRIO Grill

TRIO Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
TRIO Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 411 Restaurants in Falls Church
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: TRIO Grill is a modern American restaurant in Falls Church, Virginia offering award-winning service, the finest steaks and freshest seafood, an extensive wine list, handcrafted cocktails, and Merrifield's only cigar lounge.
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We were coming through town on our way to Bermuda, and found this GEM near the Marriott at Falls Church. In a strip mall near the old Merrifield Garden center, it is American fusion cuisine. I had the scallops, but the salads were great and my husband had steak. Fabulous food, great drinks..wonderful ambience, not outrageously priced. Don’t miss this neighborhood treasure!!!

Renee R, Guest Relations Manager at TRIO Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you so much for your 5-star rating! Hope you have a great time in Bermuda and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant several times. I really like the atmosphere and the wine collection. I recommend the Joel Gott Cabernet Sauvignon if you like red wine. However, I am disappointed to say that my last visit was far from impressive. One of the things I enjoy most about the restaurant is the selection of delicious specials.

On this Saturday in honor of Mother’s Day, there were no specials which was extremely disappointing since this is one of the reasons my mom wanted to come to this restaurant. Furthermore, the recipe for my favorite dish, the Housemade Burrata was drastically changed. Now it comes drenched in pesto sauce which becomes the only thing you taste in the dish period. It is extremely salty and not enjoyable at all. I hope they go back to the previous recipe. The Tuna Tartare Nachos were different as well. Previously they were served as a few pieces of chips with the delicious incredients, now it’s a pile of chips with all the ingredients on top at random. This makes quite a difference on the taste as you have to work hard to balance all the ingredients on the chips yourself. The nachos were delicious but only if all of the ingredients are on there. We also got the Pan Roasted Rockfish which was ok and a bit boring and Bison Strip Steak as the entrees. The bison was pretty good actually. I would say the highlight of the meal was the bison and the overall quality of service, however I hope the quality of the menu goes back up.

Renee R, Manager at TRIO Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Yana, thank you for joining us and for your feedback! We will be passing along your feedback regarding the Housemade Burrata, Tuna Tartare Nachos, and Pan Roasted Rockfish to our Chef. We are so glad you enjoyed the Bison Strip Steak and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and i , along with my husband and a friend went here for my and my daughter’s birthday dinner. We sat at the bar for a drink then went outside for dinner. The wait staff were nice and the food was great! Would go here again

Renee R, Manager at TRIO Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Kat, thank you so much for celebrating your daughter's birthday with us! We are so glad you enjoyed everything and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Started with a drink at the bar...the best Manhattan ever! We also tried the meatball appetizer which was very tasty. Moved to our reserved table for dinner. My spouse had the short ribs which were fork tender and very good. I had the scallops. I must say they were not the best scallops I have ever had. There were three scallops and they were pretty sandy. I didn't want to complain at dinner because my husband had planned this special dinner and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I just would not get scallops here again.

Renee R, Manager at TRIO Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank you so much for joining us! We are so glad you enjoyed the Mr. Manhattan, appetizer, Braised Short Ribs, and Seared Scallops. We are so sorry that the scallops were sandy and will be passing along your feedback to our Chef! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Went on a Saturday evening for dinner with another couple. Couldn't even turn into the parking lot because of the gridlock, part of which is caused by the awkward configuration of the inadequate parking lot. Valet service was not helping since it was unreachable. I always mark down restaurants when the noise level is so bad that conversation is virtually impossible. On the positive side, the signature cocktails were outstanding as were the bread and the eggplant and tuna entrees. On the pricey side but not outrageous.

Renee R, Manager at TRIO Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thank you so much for joining us and for your feedback! We are so sorry regarding your experience with parking but are glad you enjoyed the Layered Eggplant, Sesame Seared Tuna, as well as our Handcrafted Cocktails. We look forward to seeing you again soon!