“Birthday day dinner”
Review of TRIO Grill

TRIO Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
TRIO Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 397 Restaurants in Falls Church
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: TRIO Grill is a modern American restaurant in Falls Church, Virginia offering award-winning service, the finest steaks and freshest seafood, an extensive wine list, handcrafted cocktails, and Merrifield's only cigar lounge.
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and i , along with my husband and a friend went here for my and my daughter’s birthday dinner. We sat at the bar for a drink then went outside for dinner. The wait staff were nice and the food was great! Would go here again

Renee R, Manager at TRIO Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Kat, thank you so much for celebrating your daughter's birthday with us! We are so glad you enjoyed everything and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Started with a drink at the bar...the best Manhattan ever! We also tried the meatball appetizer which was very tasty. Moved to our reserved table for dinner. My spouse had the short ribs which were fork tender and very good. I had the scallops. I must say they were not the best scallops I have ever had. There were three scallops and they were pretty sandy. I didn't want to complain at dinner because my husband had planned this special dinner and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I just would not get scallops here again.

Renee R, Manager at TRIO Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank you so much for joining us! We are so glad you enjoyed the Mr. Manhattan, appetizer, Braised Short Ribs, and Seared Scallops. We are so sorry that the scallops were sandy and will be passing along your feedback to our Chef! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Went on a Saturday evening for dinner with another couple. Couldn't even turn into the parking lot because of the gridlock, part of which is caused by the awkward configuration of the inadequate parking lot. Valet service was not helping since it was unreachable. I always mark down restaurants when the noise level is so bad that conversation is virtually impossible. On the positive side, the signature cocktails were outstanding as were the bread and the eggplant and tuna entrees. On the pricey side but not outrageous.

Renee R, Manager at TRIO Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thank you so much for joining us and for your feedback! We are so sorry regarding your experience with parking but are glad you enjoyed the Layered Eggplant, Sesame Seared Tuna, as well as our Handcrafted Cocktails. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve gone several times as a family to the Open Road next door, and decided to give the more upscale TRIO a try as a couple. We were not disappointed. All of the course were superb, including fresh oysters, tuna, filet mignon, and apple and custard desserts. The drink selection was fun, and the draft beer choices were decent. The service was exceptional - this is clearly a focus at this restaurant. When sequential delivery of our salad was inadvertently missed, the wait staff and management apologized profusely, and comped us two salads and desserts. Above and beyond, especially as we had not even complained. The atmosphere is quite lively. We could do without the tv screens and game of the night, but the overall buzz made us feel like we were among a very fun crowd enjoying the night together. The parking is tight, but have no worries as valet service is complementary.

Renee R, Manager at TRIO Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you so much for joining us both at Open Road and TRIO! We are so glad you enjoyed the oysters, Sesame Seared Tuna, Filet Mignon, Apple Dumpling, and service! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2017

My fiance and I went here for our anniversary dinner and to our surprise it was restaurant week. The food is quite pricey so we went with the restaurant week menu were the dollars stretched a little further to include an appetizer and desert. From that menu we had the atlantic salmon and filet mignon with a mojito, tuna tartare, soup, poppy cake, and black forest cake. The food was absolutely delicious and well presented. The mojito was not worth the price ($11) and wasn't that good.
The service...it's been a while since I've experienced such impeccable service. The staff are extremely well trained and their attention to detail was second to none. We were checked on periodically, not rushed at all, and each portion of the dinner was only brought once you'd completed a course. My fiance had to step to the restroom twice and each time a waiter would come to refold his towel and reorganize his setting while engaging in pleasant conversation with me.
Although I feel as though the food is good but overpriced, good service is hard to come by and the atmosphere in this restaurant is very relaxing and welcoming. I do believe we'll be visiting again in the future.

Renee R, Manager at TRIO Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are really glad you joined us for restaurant week and enjoyed everything, especially the service! We look forward to having you join us again soon!