See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 November 2016

An economical hotel presenting the best hospitality on Fairfax Blvd. Large and clean rooms with finely tiled baths, friendly waiters and reception, located near famous attractions like George Mason University and Fairfax city Museum. Free breakfast, coffee and Wi-Fi add the toppings to your comforts. I stayed on a working day but do your reservation before if you want a room on holidays, they rooms are usually booked sooner.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Room was clean & comfortable. This was my second stay & will gladly stay again. It was a nice location & close to where I was going for my Grandchildren's celebration. The low rates were good & I was pleased with the staff, breakfast & my room.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2016

We stopped at this motel after a long drive, and was greeted by a relatively helpful check-in desk. The interior of the lobby didn't quite live up to the pictures, and the motel is located on a busy, noisy road. 'At least it will be cheap, and all we need is a bed and a shower', we thought. However, the room rate was about $100 after taxes as the motel was busy. After the machine declined my card, the check-in assistant became impatient, but the alternative card worked. I declined to tell him my pin number as he asked, as I had to go to the machine to enter it. I'm chalk that up to chip-and-pin being uncommon in the States.

What was completely unforgiveable was the state of the room we were given. I was in a word - disgusting. I'll let the pictures do the talking, but what they can't describe is the smell. Unfortunately, we didn't have the time to demand a refund and go somewhere else as we only has a short time in Washington.

Also, the breakfast was dire. Pre-packaged 'pastries' that we left in the bin - the worst cheap rubbish you would find anywhere.

Please save your money and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ija04
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I arrived late on one of those days in DC where rates rocketed skyward everywhere, and this hotel popped up as my best option. Parking is a bit cramped and though many rooms had parking right in front, my room did not and i had to hike around back of a couple of buildings to get to my room. While the check-in was a bit odd as I had to be buzzed in the door, the staff was quite friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and everything in working order, though no coffee maker or hair dryer there. Coffee was in the lobby even after breakfast hours. All in all the experience was pleasant enough.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 16 March 2016

I was looking for a low cost alternative to the $250 per night room in downtown DC at the hotel hosting the conference I was attending. I paid $60 one night and $80 next night for a clean room in a safe neighborhood. I got everything I was looking for.

The motel was about 2 miles from the Metro which takes you anywhere you want to go in DC. There was a bus, but I chose to take a $7 cab ride. Had I had a little more time, I would have considered taking a nice walk to the metro.

I didn't eat the continental breakfast, so no comment on that.

One bonus was it was a block away from an upscale sports bar/pool hall. I played pool for about four hours and it cost me $5 (Monday and Tuesday nights).

I received a call from the hotel staff after I left telling me that I had left a shirt hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Many hotels would not have bothered.

Nothing wrong with this motel. I got exactly what I needed.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business