US$155
Hampton.com
US$164
US$132
Hotels.com
Candlewood Suites Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
US$111
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$121
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$174
US$150
Best Western Fairfax(Fairfax)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$190
US$173
US$150
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2016

We stopped at this motel after a long drive, and was greeted by a relatively helpful check-in desk. The interior of the lobby didn't quite live up to the pictures, and the motel is located on a busy, noisy road. 'At least it will be cheap, and all we need is a bed and a shower', we thought. However, the room rate was about $100 after taxes as the motel was busy. After the machine declined my card, the check-in assistant became impatient, but the alternative card worked. I declined to tell him my pin number as he asked, as I had to go to the machine to enter it. I'm chalk that up to chip-and-pin being uncommon in the States.

What was completely unforgiveable was the state of the room we were given. I was in a word - disgusting. I'll let the pictures do the talking, but what they can't describe is the smell. Unfortunately, we didn't have the time to demand a refund and go somewhere else as we only has a short time in Washington.

Also, the breakfast was dire. Pre-packaged 'pastries' that we left in the bin - the worst cheap rubbish you would find anywhere.

Please save your money and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ija04
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I arrived late on one of those days in DC where rates rocketed skyward everywhere, and this hotel popped up as my best option. Parking is a bit cramped and though many rooms had parking right in front, my room did not and i had to hike around back of a couple of buildings to get to my room. While the check-in was a bit odd as I had to be buzzed in the door, the staff was quite friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and everything in working order, though no coffee maker or hair dryer there. Coffee was in the lobby even after breakfast hours. All in all the experience was pleasant enough.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 16 March 2016

I was looking for a low cost alternative to the $250 per night room in downtown DC at the hotel hosting the conference I was attending. I paid $60 one night and $80 next night for a clean room in a safe neighborhood. I got everything I was looking for.

The motel was about 2 miles from the Metro which takes you anywhere you want to go in DC. There was a bus, but I chose to take a $7 cab ride. Had I had a little more time, I would have considered taking a nice walk to the metro.

I didn't eat the continental breakfast, so no comment on that.

One bonus was it was a block away from an upscale sports bar/pool hall. I played pool for about four hours and it cost me $5 (Monday and Tuesday nights).

I received a call from the hotel staff after I left telling me that I had left a shirt hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Many hotels would not have bothered.

Nothing wrong with this motel. I got exactly what I needed.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank patleary
Reviewed 16 January 2016

This room and hotel are not worth what they are charging. First thing half of the lights in the room did not work, second the heater barely kept one half of the room tolerable. I had to close the bathroom door and place a towel under the gap to seal it off before it started to warm up. In the morning however the shower room was very cold. 3rd no coffee pot or air dryer in the room, Coffee in the lobby was bitter tasting. Next the so called continental breakfast. Hmm stale muffins and bagels that is all and the desk clerk made sure to inform me that the "Breakfast was to go" as their is no seating area.

Room Tip: Pick someplace else
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Dale K
Reviewed 5 November 2015

We made a reservation. En route we picked up a hotel-motel coupon book that had a coupon for a lower rate. We presented that coupon to the desk clerk who informed us that all the rooms at the lower rate were no longer available. We accepted what he said. Later that evening another clerk told us he had 30 rooms available that night. Interesting!!
The room was very standard. No amenities. A coffee maker would have been nice.
The bathroom was very small but it was clean. The carpet needed to be cleaned around the edges.
The continental breakfast consisted of coffee and cellophane -wrapped baked goods set out in the lobby. They had to be taken back to the room since the motel is not licensed for people to eat in the lobby. More than one cup of coffee meant more than one trip to the lobby.
The parking area in front of our room was littered with cigarettes when we arrived and the area had not been cleaned when we left the next day.
One advantage to staying here is the proximity to the Metro.
One disadvantage is the proximity to Route 50.
The picture this Rodeway uses of its front is far from accurate.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family