“Gold at the end of a long rainbow”

Forks in the Trail Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 13 August 2016

On a fairly demanding 300-km cycling trip from Toronto to Pointe au Baril, I stopped after six hours of riding at Forks in the Trail B&B. I'd ridden for about an hour past Barrie, into the hills of the hardwood forests north of the city, and felt relieved not only at finding the B&B but also at meeting Doug in the driveway with two bikes that he and Tricia had just ridden for a couple of hours. The first thing they did was suggest that I hurl myself into the salt-water swimming pool to cool off. I'd asked if I could have a peanut-butter sandwich, but instead Tricia prepared an entire dinner of salmon, tomatoes, bread and salad, which I ate on the deck overlooking a forest in a valley, while their venerable black Lab kept me company. (Sorry, Buster, I've forgotten your real name.) I slept like a log and, after a quick breakfast of eggs, granola, yoghurt, fruit, homemade bread and coffee, set off again down the quiet road that runs past the house. I can't think of a better way to break up a long bike ride or better people to help me do it. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
ForksintheTrail, Owner at Forks in the Trail Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2016

Always enjoy meeting a fellow cyclist! Quite an ambitious trip. I appreciated your quick messages, letting me know how you were doing and that you finally arrived in Pointe au Baril. Congrats on the journey! We hope to see you again.
Tricia

Reviewed 20 July 2016

This is a wonderful Bed & Breakfast. Words can't describe the beautiful house and grounds including a pool. Our room on the ground level was large, had a nice bathroom which has a separate walk in shower and a sunken jacuzzi tub. The private outdoor patio is a bonus. Breakfasts were very delicious and filling. The hosts are very friendly and offered great suggestions on where to cycle and have dinner in the area. You can tell they love what they are doing. Hope to return again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
ForksintheTrail, Owner at Forks in the Trail Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

We really enjoyed meeting you as well and hope to see you return with your bike shoes on ready to go.
Tricia

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Decided to just do a nice retreat for myself and I couldn't have picked a better spot to go. The B&B was more gorgeous then the photos and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Trish and Doug were very hospitable and accommodating. They had great suggestions for restaurants, activities and even took me on my first road cycling ride!

And who can forget their adorable black lab Buster! Such a good boy!

I highly recommend anyone that is looking to get away for a relaxing getaway, Forks in the Trail is the place to go!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
ForksintheTrail, Owner at Forks in the Trail Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Thank you Claudia for taking the time to post a review. We are looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 20 June 2016

I had a girls' weekend away with my best friend this past weekend and we stayed at Forks in the Trail Bed & Breakfast. We have been going there every summer for a get away for the last 4 or 5 years. Trish & Doug are always very welcoming and make us feel at home! The rooms are clean and comfortable. The room we stayed in had a queen bed and a single bed. There is also a queen room and a king room with a walk in shower and jacuzzi tub. All rooms have their own private bathroom, which is a big plus at a B&B! There is an outdoor pool and hot tub, plus a sauna in the basement. Lots to see and do in the area and our hosts are always full of helpful information to make our stay perfect! I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a great place to stay. We will certainly be returning soon!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
ForksintheTrail, Owner at Forks in the Trail Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write to let others know about your stay with us. We have enjoyed seeing you return from year to year. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Spent the weekend at Forks in the Trail and had a wonderful time. The property is immaculately care for, our room was perfect and our hosts were attentive and very helpful. Our room had a very comfy queen size bed with a large closet, walk out balcony and an amazing bathroom. I'm looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Been to Forks in the Trail Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!