All reviews front desk bus trip job well done these ladies touring dc hotel staff comfortable beds waffle house very pleasant stay business trip petra ihop lobby reunion marine pillows hall
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I rated this hotel as a "five star" on the basis of its wheelchair accessibility. This was one of the best handicapped accessible rooms I've stayed in. The room was oversized, with plenty of room to maneuver a mobility scooter. There were even adaptive handles on the drapes so someone in a wheelchair could close them....this isn't something most places would consider, but when you can't stand and can't reach the stick to close the curtains, it is a big deal. The bathroom had a roll-in shower with a seat and plenty of grab-bars throughout. Again, the bathroom was large enough to easily maneuver. Thank you for being so accommodating to your mobility-challenged guests!

Room tip: Mobility challenged persons will appreciate the roll-in shower in the 2 queen accessible rooms
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelStaff07, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Nice Breakfast. Very Clean and close to shopping facilities. Friendly and courteous staff. Will definitely recommend to business, friends and family. Rooms are a little above average, and coffee and tea available.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. Our staff is looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I checked in, at a expensive rate. The smoke detector was falling off the wall toilet paper holder was broken, oh and the room stank like cigarettes. Not at all pleased with what I paid and what I got. The bed was comfy, that's it.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Hello hilshappy,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, VA. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about the bed,

However, on behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bathroom condition and the smoke detector. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I was originally booked for 2 nights at this hotel. I checked out 5 hours later. I could not sleep comfortable in this place after finding a live bug in my bed, food crumbs on the carpet. In addition, my room also smelled like mildew from both the refrigerator and window air conditioning unit leaking unto the carpet. It is NOT what I am use to at any other Holiday Inn hotels, I've ever booked.I demanded a refund , but It was not honored.I asked for the Manager, who was "not available". I was only offered a "free meal coupon"... But,why would I eat at this place? Poor service... 1 week later, and still no response from Management. This hotel is overpriced, needs to exterminate, and much better customer service.

Room tip: check the room and bed for cleanliness before you pay
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 326ayodejia
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hello 326ayodejia,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, VA. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with cleanliness and customer service. We will address these concerns. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Dumfries.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We came and stayed at this hotel because they honored and sponsored a reunion for Marines from the Marine Air Control Community. The welcome staff was friend and Pro. The hotel, is average Holiday Inn. The room was average, could use some upgrading. The bedding was average, but I can say this, very clean place. We did not have dinner here as the reunion event took most of the restaurant area, so there was no privacy. But the staff was very attentive and helpful throughout the stay.

Room tip: The higher the floor the better it is.
Date of stay: June 2017