“Poor customer service, bugs and mildew in room,...”

Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dumfries
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I was originally booked for 2 nights at this hotel. I checked out 5 hours later. I could not sleep comfortable in this place after finding a live bug in my bed, food crumbs on the carpet. In addition, my room also smelled like mildew from both the refrigerator and window air conditioning unit leaking unto the carpet. It is NOT what I am use to at any other Holiday Inn hotels, I've ever booked.I demanded a refund , but It was not honored.I asked for the Manager, who was "not available". I was only offered a "free meal coupon"... But,why would I eat at this place? Poor service... 1 week later, and still no response from Management. This hotel is overpriced, needs to exterminate, and much better customer service.

Room Tip: check the room and bed for cleanliness before you pay
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 326ayodejia
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hello 326ayodejia,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, VA. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with cleanliness and customer service. We will address these concerns. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Dumfries.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We came and stayed at this hotel because they honored and sponsored a reunion for Marines from the Marine Air Control Community. The welcome staff was friend and Pro. The hotel, is average Holiday Inn. The room was average, could use some upgrading. The bedding was average, but I can say this, very clean place. We did not have dinner here as the reunion event took most of the restaurant area, so there was no privacy. But the staff was very attentive and helpful throughout the stay.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better it is.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2017

If I could 0 stars, I would. The front desk was very unhelpful and inconsiderate. I booked a room online for our family for the night, and requested the government rate. My wife got to the hotel and low and behold she wasn't eligible for the military rate because she wasn't the active duty person. She has her dependent ID that says she is part of an AD family though. They also said that that rate is only for people on Orders, not for leisure. We never have a problem with this rate at any Marriott and should have known better than to stray from Marriott. Never again, Holiday Inn, never again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hi Caitlin B,

Thank you for your review and for staying at the hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is truly regrettable to hear that you and your family experienced inconvenience due to the reservation concern. I understand how frustrating these matters can be and I am sorry our hotel staff was not able to address this issue appropriately. As such, I have sent you a private message to ask more information regarding this unsatisfactory stay.

Your visit is valuable and I hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Zel N.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I was the only one at the desk yet it took 25 minutes for me to get checked in and to my room, staff extremely slow. High priced breakfast, $11.00 for 3 pancakes. Toilet keeps running. Don't think I will return to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Patti S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we appreciate you choosing our property for your travel needs, I regret to learn that you found the level of service rendered by our hotel staff members below par. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I loved the room and how comfortable the bed was. The wallpaper down the halls was coming off of the wall. This gave me a bad impression as I walked towards my room. But I am glad that the room looked better. The upholstery in the chair was a little dirty. But overall, the room was clean and the bed slept great! I would say that the walls are a little thin because we heard all of the fun from the couple next door. So keep it down....

Stayed: June 2017
HotelStaff07, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of a renovation. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumfries
0.3 km away
1.5 km away
Sleep Inn Near Quantico Main Gate
3.7 km away
Ramada Triangle/Quantico

Been to Holiday Inn Dumfries - Quantico Center? Share your experiences!