“Simple decor, limited menu but very good entrees”

The Table at Wilton
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Deltaville
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Staying in Deltaville and looking for a good place to eat. Reviews suggested the Table. No hostess but go to the counter and someone will seat you. Restaurant closes at 8, so don't arrive late. Wait staff a r echeerful, friendly and attentive. We had the fried oyster dinner and the soft shell crab. Both were perfectly cooked and delicious. We made the mistake of ordering bread (extra) which wasn't too exciting and definitely not needed as the portions are generous and come with a good-sized house salad. The hard commercial croutons and routine dressings were ho hum. Wines are reasonably priced by the glass or bottle. Didn't have room for desert. Overall a decent meal at a very reasonable price providing a nice change from the standard seafood restaurants. Definitely a pleasant surprise in Deltaville

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on the recommendation of friends so we expected a decent meal at least. The decor had us feeling hopeful as did the several couples sitting around with good looking glasses of wine and fresh red tulips on the tables.
I ordered the Special Cream of Crab soup which tasted like it had been freezer burned and thawed. The texture of the crab was quite stringy and the creamy was more like watery. The soup was not even hot in the middle, further causing me to be convinced this was a freezer burned lump set in the microwave and mindlessly sent to the table. I was sadly disappointed.
My husband got the Fried Chicken Livers. These had too much breading and were over cooked , the green beans on the side were old,chewy and yes, stringy! Where was the chef in a Saturday night? It was as if the busboys were running the kitchen!!!
My husband ordered the bread pudding with bourbon caramel sauce and it arrived without the sauce which was added by our server upon request.
With so many other great places to eat I don't think we will risk returning here.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

The Table does not have an extensive menu, but prepares what is on the menu excellently. They do an wonderful lunch with some of the best wraps I have ever eaten. Prices are reasonable. Service is good. Atmosphere is pleasant. We are good-restaurant-starved in the Deltaville area, and The Table definitely fills the void.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We had luncheon there today, which included their scrumptious Fried Chicken Sandwich, Philly Steak and Cheese sub, and a basket of hand-cut seasoned fries with remoulade.

We've always had great food and service, and we've visited The Table many times.

My only regret today is that we didn't have any delicious dessert!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were passing through Deltaville tonight and came across The Table at Wilton. Since there were no signs on the highway indicating that it was there, we were lucky to have found it. We just noticed that there were a lot of cars out in front.

The atmosphere was nice, spotless and quiet...no loud background music and very easy to carry on a conversation without raising your voice.

My wife and I shared the fried calamari and she had the soft shell crabs and I had the crab cakes. Each dish came with a garden salad. We couldn't believe how incredibly delicious our meal was. It was outstanding. Our bill was $88.00, including the tip. It was as good or better than any food we have had in five star restaurants.

Each of us had a large chocolate chip cookie for dessert. My wife, who is not a big dessert person, after tasting a bite of mine, ended up ordering one for herself. I'm a chocoholic and have had my share of chocolate chip cookies in my lifetime, but The Table's are by far the best. $1.50 each and worth every penny.

We are looking forward to next meal there.