See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2015

Stayed one night after visiting Smith Mountain Lake. This B@B décor is impeccably furnished and decorated right out of the 19th century. Everything is clean and there is attention to detail everywhere. Every room is unique and inviting. I stayed in the Daddy D room. The room and bed were decorated so nicely, that I hated to disturb anything while using the room.

Enjoy feeling like you are in the 19th century with air conditioning and TV; oh and enjoy taking a shower or bath in a claw foot tub, and the wonderful continental breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2015

I was traveling through Danville on personal business and decided after reading the reviews to support some local small business. I am SO GLAD I did. First of all, you immediately feel at home. The Inn Keepers Jake and Connie, gave me a nice tour of the house upon my arrival along with the things that are important to know. My room was beautiful and well thought out. The Gilchrist and Soames amenities as well as the rubber duck for bathing in the claw foot tub, were such a special treat. I would beyond a doubt recommend this Inn above the local cookie cutter chains. High Speed Internet was easy to connect to and use, in room snacks and cold water bottles along with coffee and tea service in your room. Now, to breakfast. The wonderful woman that served our breakfast (please forgive my spelling) GayLynne was so hospitable, breakfast was a Deluxe Continental and was served on china, with fruit, your choice of pastries and breads and muffins and yogurt. While you are there if you are lucky enough to be there Saturday you have to check out the Langhorne House across the street. GayLynne is the docent there and it is a tour that illuminates Danville's history and the people that made and make Danville today. Can't wait to go back!

Room tip: Every room was a beautiful room. I stayed in June's Room. They all have a private bath....did I mention bathrobes too!
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

Made a two night stop over as part of a larger trip. Gorgeous B&B! Great people and accommodations. Highly recommend. Easy to locate. Snacks provided in room. Refrigerator available for guest use in hallway and stocked with water.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Laureen N
Reviewed 26 April 2015

This gorgeous old mansion, owned and operated by Jake and Connie Eckman, is a fine example of restoration done with care. The home had been neglected for years, and now is as beautiful as it was originally. A photo album showing the mansion before restoration details the work involved in bringing this residence back to life. All rooms, including the bathrooms, are spacious. The period furniture is wonderful and comfortable. During the more than adequate breakfast, the housekeeper, Gayle, was a wealth of information about the city, the area, and the mansion. The price is very reasonable for this wonderful piece of history. We would stay there again.

Room tip: The bedroom connected to the piano room is exquisite.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank David W
Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

I am so happy we found the II Georges Inn! We came to town for the NASCAR race in Martinsville and were completely comfortable with the distance to the track (only about 20 minutes). I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts and Connie and Jake's II Georges is one of the best in my book. The attention to detail is amazing. Breakfast was pleasant and everyone was so accommodating with our schedule. We know where we will stay when we go back!

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seaglasstraveler