“Looks can be deceiving”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The exterior of this Comfort Inn is dated, but the interiors are current and the amenities are quite suitable. They had everything I needed, nothing I didn't, and the price is just right. The bed and bedding was very comfortable. The bathroom and sink were clean and pretty. Nice shower! Great soap and shampoo. VERY good in-room coffee. I always use and value the microwave and fridge in the rooms. This time, I didn't use the safe and Ms. Mildred Minor quickly removed the small fee from my bill when I checked out. Check out was quick and easily (thanks! I had to get down the road). Check-in was swift and secure and I got right into my room--no waiting. I arrived in Culpeper to learn I couldn't room with the group I traveled with, who were staying at Best Western. On the spot with no accommodations, thinking there'd be "no room at the Inn," I was so relieved to find there was when I called Reservations. I'm a member of Choice Hotels for a reason. I am rarely disappointed. This goes back to my first experience in Gloucester, VA--another FINE Comfort Inn. (If you wanted to make my first-floor King room excellent, simply steam clean or replace the desk chair. Although comfortable, it was noticeably spotted/stained.)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Kathie M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time out by giving us your feedback regarding the clean rooms and fast friendly staff. We try very hard to accommodate our guests and ensure a great stay. We are currently addressing that issue about the desk chairs, and the exterior the building. We look forward to seeing you again here at the Comfort Inn Culpeper.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 1 February 2012

This is an ordinary old Comfort Inn, clean and well kept. The staff are wonderful, everything else is adequate. Our room was sprayed recently and I am sensitive to that, but an antihistamine took care of that. No real complaints

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2011

One of my biggest pet peeves with hotel stays is when smoking rooms are hastily converted to non-smoking rooms without changing out carpets, draperies etc. and the smell of smoke still lingers in the room. That was the case in my room during this stay - I kept all my clothes zipped in my bag so they wouldn't pick up the stale smoke smell in my 'non-smoking' room. There were rust stains in the tub that could easily have been removed with some appropriate cleaning supplies. My bed had broken springs in the corner resulting in it being lumpy and unstable. The TV and tables, etc. all were 'clean' but looked like they'd been set outside in a hail storm for all the scratches and dings on them. I am not planning to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank navygreen
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Wow is all I can say about the other reviews here. We just recently stayed here last weekend. We had a very nice time and comfortable stay. The bed was very plush and cozy and our room was very clean. The staff was very friendly. We were visiting going to the Apple Harvest festival in Syria VA about a twenty minute drive.

Thanks for the great stay Comfort Inn
S. P

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This hotel is located at the south end of town in a cluster of other lodging options. At $99 a night it was not a particular bargain--outside corridors; worn but functional furniture and amenities, tiny breakfast room with mundane selection, etc. However, the hotel staff I encountered proved unusually friendly and helpful and the property is generally well maintained. You talk about your middle-of-the-road place for $100 or less per night, and the Comfort Inn is it. I've used the adjacent Best Western in the past and found it a better value.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room; no elevators to second floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culpeper
0.1 km away
37.3 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
36.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!