“Great vineyard if you can find a time to visit”
Review of Stinson Vineyards

Stinson Vineyards
Ranked #6 of 13 things to do in Crozet
More attraction details
Owner description: Stinson Vineyards is a family run boutique vineyard located at the scenic foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Nestled in "downtown" White Hall, the winding driveway boasts some of the area's best views. A repurposed garage winery combines modern architecture and equipment with traditional winemaking techniques.
Reviewed 23 October 2017

This is a vineyard that I have wanted to visit for a while but we never seemed to find the right opportunity. The vineyard is only opened Thu-Sun and then only 6 hours a day. During my short visits to the area, there never seemed to be time. I'm glad that I finally made it.

The place was packed for music the night that I went and the vineyard stayed open well past their 5 pm closing time. I highly recommend the Wildkat which is made out of Rkatsiteli grapes and I had never had them. It was a wine that worked well for both red and white wine fans.

1  Thank Adrian J

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Stopped on a whim while passing thru the area. Had visited in 2016. Tasting room was not crowded on 10/19. They get really busy on the weekends. Wines were as good as we remembered and our server was fine. We bought Meritage (just won an award up against CA wines) and Tour D'Afton (a nice blend) and chardonnay. Tasting room is small with an "industrial" feel. Wines are in the $25-$35 dollar range. Tasting fee has gone up to $9.50. Very nice winery and worth a visit. My only recommendation would be that they should "waive" the tasting fee for folks who make purchases above $50.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Hands down our favorite on the Monticello trail/ Charlottesville and surrounding area. Much more enjoyable than the large corporate vineyards like Pippin Hill, Kings, Trump, etc and the wine is aaaamazing.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Just had a interesting but not so encouraging experience at Stinson. Here's how I would characterize the experience: the wine is good depending on the varietal...Sauvignon Blanc is wonderful, Chardonnay has promise, Cab Franc needs time.
However, the most disappointing aspect of the experience was the customer service. The staff was fine, but the winemaker came off as snooty, unappreciative and was basically lacking in customer service skills. I wanted to try the Port and told her 'if I liked it' I would buy out her remaining supply--not a bad proposition huh? Her response was this, 'nope, sorry, no can do' (something to that effect). Hence, I couldn't at least 'try it' and would have to buy a bottle in order to do so. Talk about short sighted?!? Anyway, plenty of options out there for strong Virginia wine experiences. I will never go back to Stinson as a result, which told me a lot about the personality of the winemaker.
PS...despite this experience, I still bought a case of wine (Sauvignon Blanc/Chardonnay)...but that's the last bottle they will ever get from me. At the end of the day, customer service matters, and if the head honcho doesn't act like she gives a darn, you get what u deserve.

Rachel V, Owner at Stinson Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Hi Thomas - We certainly appreciate your interest in our winery. The current tasting list includes 6 wines. We add a weekly "bonus pour" wine to give our customers a little something extra. In order to conserve bottles, it is unlikely that we will have something open towards the end of a vintage. Apologies if this came off as "snooty" - it's simply a matter of policy.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on our wine weekend away. The wines were good. A quaint tasting room that is dog friendly. Saw my first wine fermenting egg! Definitely worth a stop.