“ROOM WITH A VIEW”

Occoneechee State Park
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Clarksville
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

We have a camper and had an awesome view of the lake. Our site was a bit awkward because our steps were on the parking side (looking at the RV they would be on the left) but our pad with the firepit was on the right of the trailer so we had to go around the trailer to relax. The sites were a nice size. Some of the best site locations had no hook-ups. The distance between campers was far enough that you have privacy. Oh and there are lots of trees which is great on hot days like we experienced. Hope this review helps you.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Large campsites, clean facilities. Only drawback is some of the campsites seem to be backward in that picnic table and fire ring on the back side of camper.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Great park with incredible hiking trails. They have super boat facilities including rentals. The park accesses some of the best fishing in Virginia.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for several days in the C loop. We made reservations online. The check-in process at the office was painless. The sites are nice, clean, large...no complaints. My husband likes to fish so camping on a site near the water is perfect. Bathrooms include toilets, sinks and showers...and all is cleaned late morning everyday from what I observed. No campfires until 4p and quiet hours start at 10p...we are here in April...I think from May-October, you can have campfires anytime. Several nice boat ramps. The trail system is real nice and pretty flat. There is an honor system for purchasing wood in the C campground...$4 a bundle, I believe.

1  Thank Jessie S
VaStateParks, Guest Relations Manager at Occoneechee State Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Occoneechee State Park. Yes, the state burning restrictions are Feb. 15 through April 30. There is an exception if we have a camphost in the campground. I hope your husband caught some fish and that you will be bacl to visit again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Beautiful park with great campsites looking across the lake. There is a boat launch nearby. Highly recommend Lakefest!

VaStateParks, Guest Relations Manager at Occoneechee State Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Occoneechee State Park. Thank you for taking the time to write a review to recommend the park. I hope you can make it back again soon.