“Stopped by to watch the bass masters tournament”

Occoneechee State Park
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Clarksville
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Great park with incredible hiking trails. They have super boat facilities including rentals. The park accesses some of the best fishing in Virginia.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"tent"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for several days in the C loop. We made reservations online. The check-in process at the office was painless. The sites are nice, clean, large...no complaints. My husband likes to fish so camping on a site near the water is perfect. Bathrooms include toilets, sinks and showers...and all is cleaned late morning everyday from what I observed. No campfires until 4p and quiet hours start at 10p...we are here in April...I think from May-October, you can have campfires anytime. Several nice boat ramps. The trail system is real nice and pretty flat. There is an honor system for purchasing wood in the C campground...$4 a bundle, I believe.

1  Thank Jessie S
VaStateParks, Guest Relations Manager at Occoneechee State Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Occoneechee State Park. Yes, the state burning restrictions are Feb. 15 through April 30. There is an exception if we have a camphost in the campground. I hope your husband caught some fish and that you will be bacl to visit again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Beautiful park with great campsites looking across the lake. There is a boat launch nearby. Highly recommend Lakefest!

VaStateParks, Guest Relations Manager at Occoneechee State Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Occoneechee State Park. Thank you for taking the time to write a review to recommend the park. I hope you can make it back again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Pros - Visitor Center restrooms were spotless.
Trails, grounds, and parking lots were maintained well.
Some trails are wheelchair and stroller friendly.
Great views of the water.
Right off of a major road (US 58).

Cons - None.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

This park is great for boaters , picnics, and those who enjoy cabins. I'm writing as a hiker. Most of this area of va and Nc are pretty flat. However this has some unique areas to walk around Kerr lake. We took the pan handle loop trail . It had plenty of markers but distance was often unknown because length of trails were not always posted. This is a great trail for horses .

VaStateParks, Guest Relations Manager at Occoneechee State Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

I am glad you enjoyed hiking at Occoneecchee State Park. Thank you for taking time to complete a review to let potential visitors know about the trails. We will look at the trail mileage markers. Our trail systems tend to have a variety of spurs that can make mileage calculations challenging for hikers,