My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend to visit my sister and her family (who were visiting family/friends in near by Parksley). The day we went the beach was packed, water was VERY cold and VERY rough. Kids lost interest within 30 minutes. Luckily there was a pool at the hotel! We spent the majority of the day playing in the pool which we had by ourselves until late afternoon. Once it cooled off some we did some site-seeing around the island and on to Assateague Island. That evening we took the kids to the Fireman's Carnival. This was my second time to the Island and Carnival but my husband and sister's family first time. ALL had a great and memorable time.
That being said, the room was average. What you expect for the price. We had a LATE check in due to traveling (after midnight) and the manager was very accomodating. No issues. Continental breakfast was very limited and the incense smell was a little disinviting but hey...hold your nose or go to McDonalds!
My husband and I took some time to drive around the island and looking at some of the other options were really pleased with our choice. We were a little nervous when making the reservations but we pleasantly surprised. Not the Ritz but good enough for the little bit of time we were actually in the room. Nice, clean pool was GREAT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites of Chincoteague Island, Virginia. We are conveniently located off VA-175, following the signs to "Chincoteague Island/Assateauge Islands". We have plenty to offer, as we are situated nearby many popular attractions including the NASA Wallops Visitor Center, Chincoteague Island Lighthouse, Chincoteague Pony Center, Refuge Waterfowl Museum, Beebe Ranch, and the Wildlife Expedition. If you are into sports or just getting out and having fun, there are a number of recreational activities less than 1 mile away including the Chincoteague Hunting and Fishing Center, Surfside Golf, Captain Barry's Back Bay Cruises. Here at the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Chincoteague, we also have several dining options to choose from just minutes away including Steamers Restaurant, AJ's on the Creek Restaurant, Great Wall 2, Don's Seafood Market and Restaurant, and Maria's Restaurant and Pizza. Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Chincoteague Island features 23 guest rooms generously equipped with free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, cable TV, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, and free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites - Chincoteague Island
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island Hotel Chincoteague Island