“summer's end eclipse getaway ”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Poor hotel. Horrible breakfast ( powdered egg, partly reheated frozen potatoes and stale breads), in a makeshift "breakfast room" ( AKA repurposed guest room with only a couple tiny tables, poor climate control and no tv for news). had to go to still another place to get an instant coffee in tiny cheap paper cups that did not even have fitting lids.

Girl at desk direly lacking knowledge or customer care. Booked King room in advance- given dbl bed. Only L5 remodeled- L2 and L4 in progress-- as we kept hearing from L3 all morning after a late night. Housekeeping knocked on door at 9 am asking if we needed housekeeeping. when told not now as we were not up yet (sign on door) she said "good". really?

outside is a trash heap with overflowing trash cans as well as multiple open dumpsters and trash heaps next to the tiny pool.

Highly overpriced even at discounted rate on Priceline Express. I have oft booked 3.5 star hotels for the price of this 2 star pseudo dump. i would gladly go elsewhere if my schedule allowed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We got an awesome Express Deal for this hotel. We stayed 4 comfortable nights and enjoyed their plentiful hot breakfast (rotation of sausage & bacon as well as daily scrambled eggs & waffles) each morning. The wifi & AC worked perfectly throughout our stay. The bathroom was small but still manageable for our family of 2 adults & 2 tweens. There were some signs of the on-going renovation - some mud prints in the elevator, breakfast moved to 2 improved guestrooms and the occasional drilling during the day. However, none of these were deal-breakers for us. I highly recommend this hotel for bargain hunters. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 5th floor seems to be already renovated so ask for those rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Everyone was nice. Room was comfortable and breakfast was up to par. However, the hotel felt outdated. The hallway had stains on the rugs and the wallpaper and bathroom also looked old. The place otherwise was clean but I am comparing this place to the comfort inn brand. I felt like it was more of a hampton inn. I expected a bit more.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Payton who checked me in was friendly and efficient. She cautioned me that they were renovating and asked that I excuse the mess. (When I checked in, renovation work was not readily apparent so I appreciate her telling me.) The Comfort Inn location was relatively secluded but restaurants, gas stations and shopping was less than five minutes away; I liked that. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a mini-fridge and microwave oven which I enjoyed- saved money on eating out.

I did not like the water pressure in the shower; it was too light, even on the highest setting. Also, the water didn't get as hot as I would expect. There was a sign around the faucet to indicate which way to turn the knob to get the water cooler or hotter except it wasn't in place-it spun around rather uselessly. (Not that I didn't figure that one out on my own :-) but I think the sign should either be removed or glued in place.) They also had a heat lamp in the bathroom which was directly over the toilet; I think it would have been better positioned where someone can stand underneath it. (However,maybe that's for safety that it should not be stood directly under.)

Room Tip: Renovated rooms on top floor (5th)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I have been staying at this hotel about once a month for the last year. They have started remodeling and it has started to take a toll on the quality of service they provide to their guests. No ice available on any floor, staff is new and not experienced, furniture is damaged and they are stingy with the toilet paper. They had been keeping the construction contained to one floor at a time but now it is spread all over the hotel. The breakfast is served in a cleared out guest room on the first floor and the public bathrooms are not working. Yet they still charge full rate and do not mention the construction when making a reservation. The best thing about the stay was the housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: low number or high number other wise it is a long walk to the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family