US$101
Agoda.com
US$157
US$150
Courtyard
All reviewsmexican restaurantwafflesbreakfast roomfront deskcheerful attitudeeach guestchoice hotelsbar and grilldecent stayparking lotsausagean overnight staystaff was friendly and helpfulrecent stayhot breakfastjames riverthird floor
Reviewed 30 December 2007

Nice hotel. We stopped at this Comfort Inn along the road on our trip to Florida and found the facility to be well maintained, the room was clean, the staff friendly and the breakfast was well prepared and fresh.

Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2007

We were looking for a one night stop over. Most of the hotels in this area were more expensive or got bad ratings on this site. This hotel was a gem among them all. The people were very accomodating. The beds were very comfortable. The room was large, simply furnished and very clean. The hotel lhas been very recently completely refurbished so the carpets and all furnishings were new. Warm cookies in the afternoon and hot coffee all day were much appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2007

This was a random chioce on our way from Flordia back to Maine after the first 3 hotels in the Richmond area we checked were sold out. We really were not expecting much. This hotel was clean, average size and for the most part quiet. We were even able to get a portable crib. The beds were VERY firm. They were also very high. Breakfast was an interesting expierence. The breakfast room was medium sized and had a TV. It also had Gloria the Breakfast Lady. Initially she was very friendly and apparently she makes the waffles for everbody. But as it got busier she got more and more frazzled to the point I couldn't get milk for my daughter's cerial and forget about syrup for my waffle.
Overall not too bad but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2007

After using Tripadvisor to carefully select this facility I have determined that previous Tripadvisor reviewers who gave positive ratings were either intoxicated or vision impaired when they rated this hotel.

After driving for 16 hours I was hopeful that I would find reasonable accomodations upon my arrival. What I found was a desk clerk who was approximately 8 years old!!! I sent him for an adult who directed me to my room. The dingy nature of the facility (graffiti scratched into the elevator doors, etc.) prompted me to examine my bedding which revaeled a previous user of the sheets had left their hair on the sheets. Hair was also found on the bathroom sink and I found myself starting to itch. After about 4 hours of laying on top of the blankets I resumed my journey. I am sure I am not the first to describe this chain as the DIS-Comfort Inn. UGH!!

• Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed 7 December 2006

My recent stay at the Comfort Inn at Chester, VA was an unexpected one, and one that I was extremely happy with. Having driven 5 hours at that point, and a migraine preventing me from finishing my trip, I needed to stop somewhere and this is where I wound up. The room was very clean, clean enough that I could actually take a bubble bath, and cookies and tea in the lobby made me a very happy girl. :~) Three of my favorite things I might add. Lee, the front desk clerk was extremely helpful, and each time he saw me (which was at least 5 times) he asked if everything was to my satisfaction. He even baked cookies for me when I asked if there were going to be anymore put out that evening.
I would not hesitate to stay here again and would even go out of my way if I were ever in the area and needed a place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo