“Great Value and Location!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 11 April 2008

We were really happy with our stay at the Comfort Inn in Chester, VA. It was located in between Richmond and Petersburg. When we arrived, the front desk clerk was pleasant and helpful. We found our room tastefully decorated and clean. Everything was in working order and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a microwave and a refridgerator as well as a coffee maker and blow dryer. That night we enjoyed warm Otis Spunkmeier cookies in the foyer and in the morning we enjoyed a very nice continental breakfast that included warm waffles and hardboiled eggs and chunks of cheese (great for us low carb eaters!!!). Our check out was painless. The lady who filled the breakfast items was very friendly and helpful. We were so surprised that this all came with a very reasonable price of about $90 a night!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeeAndKay

Reviewed 30 December 2007

Nice hotel. We stopped at this Comfort Inn along the road on our trip to Florida and found the facility to be well maintained, the room was clean, the staff friendly and the breakfast was well prepared and fresh.

Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2007

We were looking for a one night stop over. Most of the hotels in this area were more expensive or got bad ratings on this site. This hotel was a gem among them all. The people were very accomodating. The beds were very comfortable. The room was large, simply furnished and very clean. The hotel lhas been very recently completely refurbished so the carpets and all furnishings were new. Warm cookies in the afternoon and hot coffee all day were much appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2007

This was a random chioce on our way from Flordia back to Maine after the first 3 hotels in the Richmond area we checked were sold out. We really were not expecting much. This hotel was clean, average size and for the most part quiet. We were even able to get a portable crib. The beds were VERY firm. They were also very high. Breakfast was an interesting expierence. The breakfast room was medium sized and had a TV. It also had Gloria the Breakfast Lady. Initially she was very friendly and apparently she makes the waffles for everbody. But as it got busier she got more and more frazzled to the point I couldn't get milk for my daughter's cerial and forget about syrup for my waffle.
Overall not too bad but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2007

After using Tripadvisor to carefully select this facility I have determined that previous Tripadvisor reviewers who gave positive ratings were either intoxicated or vision impaired when they rated this hotel.

After driving for 16 hours I was hopeful that I would find reasonable accomodations upon my arrival. What I found was a desk clerk who was approximately 8 years old!!! I sent him for an adult who directed me to my room. The dingy nature of the facility (graffiti scratched into the elevator doors, etc.) prompted me to examine my bedding which revaeled a previous user of the sheets had left their hair on the sheets. Hair was also found on the bathroom sink and I found myself starting to itch. After about 4 hours of laying on top of the blankets I resumed my journey. I am sure I am not the first to describe this chain as the DIS-Comfort Inn. UGH!!

• Stayed: March 2007