“Solid place to go”

Black Pelican
Ranked #6 of 506 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Very good seafood. Recommend the specials. Decent selection of beers, including some on tap. Wine list was limited but sufficient.

There are newer reviews for Black Pelican

Reviewed 10 August 2017

As the title says, we had some great food but the service was even better. Our server, Taylor is a wonderful young woman, very bright and perfectly attentive - her manager, Terri, was great and gave us an informative behind-the scenes tour.

My only regret is that my wife and I had the same thing, both very good but we should have gotten two different dishes and shared so we could have had two great experiences each at the same time.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We dine here 3-4 times a month. The food has always been excellent along with the service. They always have daily specials on their menu to enjoy.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I went with my sister on a Monday for lunch, I ordered the hatteras clam chowder - it had a sour taste to it. My sisters shrimp and grits were loaded with pepper and lumpy. And I still was made to pay $7 for the extra large chunks of iceberg lettuce and other simple basic 'house salad' don't think I'll be back. Totally Unimpreseed!!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Took my wife there on a date. She had never been there and I had only been once before. It is a little on the pricey side but their food is good. Staff was attentive and prompt. The tables are really close to each other and it just so happened that we had a couple business guys behind us that were trying to impress two clients from another country. We could hear every word they said which included "adjectives" we don't use in our home. The table on the other side of us was just as loud and it was rather distracting when we couldn't hear each other without having to really speak up. Mixed emotions about this place were solely based on the extra noise you have to deal with as the food was good and the restaurant nicely decorated.