All reviews older hotel would stay here again king suite pleasant stay room was clean and comfortable business trip excellent customer service interstate
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Checked in with myself and two children and was given a room with one bed when I requested two on the reservation. Walked in the room and a large brown spider fell on me. Went back down stairs and requested another room. Was given room 323 with two queen beds. The keys didn’t work. Had to take everything back downstairs again to get a new key. Once we finally got in the room it was dirty. Hair and stains in the bed,tub dirty and gray on the bottom and left over poop in the toilet. Had to take everything back down stairs again. At that point I just requested to cancel the reservation. The person that checked me out asked her coworker why I was given that room in the first place because it was a note on the desk that said do not sell room 323...

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Hi Y7595ZRandreah,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for considering our hotel to stay at here in Chesapeake. We endeavor to provide our guests with a great experience from the second they stepped through our doors. On this visit, I'm sorry that what you had was far different because the first room was not as you have requested it to be and the spider you've seen in the room.

I recognize that you went back to our desk to get the room switched only to find out that the keys didn't work and the room unfit for occupancy. I'm sorry for the issues you had regarding the room cleanliness, leaving you no choice but to cancel the reservation entirely. I feel where you're coming from as this is not the impression we'd like to leave you. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go well.

We continuously look for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve. Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and review the things that came up short. Also, I hope you get a chance to read the email I've sent to further talk about your review.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. Very modern decor. My only complaint was we reserved a non-smoking room, and the room was non-smoking but someone had been chain smoking in the restroom. Also we reserved a room for 4 and there were only 3 sets of towels. My husband is a Gold Card Member, (and highly allergic to smoke) he wasn’t happy.

The big plus for me was they had an Udi’s Gluten Free Bagel at breakfast. This was a very welcoming surprise!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Stayed here on my way back home. For the most part I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express throughout my week long road trip through the South. This was easily the worst of the lot. My room was not clean, especially the bathroom. The toilet was filthy and there was rust in the bathtub. I'm glad I wear slippers because I really wasn't too comfortable walking across the floor. The sitting chair was dusty. Also a slight smell to the place. Staff was friendly as usual. Not their fault. This property (or at least this room, 216) needs serious updating.

Room tip: Don't stay in room 216.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi WeehawkenNJ,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. While It is great to know that you chose our hotel brand for your week long road trip and you were able to appreciate the friendliness of our staff, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with the overall cleanliness and condition of the room and bathroom particularly the toilet, bathtub, and the sitting chair among the others.

We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our maintenance team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here with our small kids, the pool was a life saver and it’s pretty close to the aquarium and to the water park. Clean, neat, and comfortable with courteous staff and great breakfast. We would easily stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Melinda W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Christopher,
We are so glad you and the kids loved your time at our hotel and the indoor pool. We hope you and your family get to come see us again.

Best Regards,
Melinda W
AGM

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We stopped with no reservation and were efficiently accommodated by the front desk...King suite, nice room, quiet...Our only complaint was that the hot breakfast items were not refreshed often enough but it was busy...We would definitely stay here again

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ernie S
Melinda W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chesapeake, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Ernie,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We regret we fell short on your breakfast experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can improve on it for the next guest. We do hope you have the opportunity to come see us again.

Warm Regards,