“Subway style Thai food”

Ranked #73 of 506 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Price range: US$6 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Asian
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Lemongrass Grille is the vision of Robert Brennan and sister Jackie Ivester. Robert and Jackie, formerly of Brennan's Bistro of Wayside, have long loved the cuisine of SEAsia for its bold ingredients, flavors and provincial cooking methods. Robert and Jackie feel that, among all ethnic cuisines, Progressive Asian best lends itself tominimal processing and maximum flavor.With our wide open kitchen, Lemongrass offers an "open-air" approach to our restaurant. We invite our guests to see what's cooking and how we're cooking it! Our menu is all natural, everything, all the time and utilizes local organic ingredients whenever possible. Our food is GMO, CAFO & antibiotic free.
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Walk up and pick out your dinner. Very fast and very fresh and really good. If you don't know Thai food they have suggestions. Small place but worth a stop

There are newer reviews for Lemongrass Grille

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

This place is near my work, and since it offers the best vegetarian options in the area, I go there about once a week. I also love how fast you can get your food, since it is all cooked and just has to be dished out for you. The quality and quantity of the food varies, however. The quality issue is because the food is cooked in batches and then is held warm waiting for people to select it for their meal. This is ok for the sweet potatoes, for instance, but other veggies like the broccoli get limp and mushy. The quantity issue is due to the portions that different staff dish out. One worker will serve up a bowl that's full and gives me enough take-out for my lunch and a light meal later, while another gives such skimpy portions that I still feel a little hungry after eating there. If they could settle on a portion size between these two extremes it would improve things greatly. I'm at the point where, if I see the skimpy-portion employee (female) serving up the food, I go to the nearby Panera Bread instead.

1  Thank Sallie Z
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Meal was great. Pick your noodles or rice first, protein next, veggies third and then sauce and garnish. Everything was fast and fresh and delicious. The atmosphere is a little cafeteria-ish, but food and service wonderful! And the price is so reasonable!! Much better than large box lunch places, even the ones with fresh ingridients.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

I tried the LemonGrass Grille because it seemed very good for picky eaters, like me. However, when you walk in you see an unsanitary, disgusting, and not well-decorated restaurant. I had curry wonton chips and a wrap with tofu. The curry wonton chips were supposed to come with salsa, however (even though I paid for it) we did not get it. The chips were good, however they were very spicy. The wrap was too big and everything fell out. Likewise, it was not good and it leaked.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

We loved this place when it first opened but it seems it is sliding down in cleanliness. Dirty windows and trash disposal areas within the restaurant. The food is very good and the $6,00 specials when they have them are a great value. The noodle bowl is our favorite with the chicken and many fresh and different garnishes. With the appearance sliding downhill we have not been back since this past July. My 2 daughters also noticed a difference. It is a shame because it is a local business and we try to support local. I will give them 1 more try. I would recommend you visit. It might be we went after a busy day and they were behind.