“Wish this place were open in the evening.”

The Cutting Edge Cafe
Ranked #16 of 510 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I got off work early and decided to try Cutting Edge Café since it is usually closed in the evenings. I had read a review on their falafel in the local paper. Several of my friends had posted positive comments on their social media. You place your order at the register and then you can sit at the counter or a table. The drinks are self service, but they do bring your food to the table. I ordered the falafel sandwich with a side of hummus. The sandwich is a large round pita bread similar to a gyro with lots of lettuce and tomato. The six falafel were large, round and not greasy with a nice crunch. I ended up having to cut them in half in order to make the sandwich manageable. The hummus was good and came with several slices of pita. I can honestly say that the falafel and hummus were almost as good as Azar's. If this place were open a few more hours in the evening, I would eat there more often and would try some of the other interesting items on the menu.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

my knife delivery carried me somewhat out of my comfort zone and close to where chris works, so we had lunch together here. we both ordered from special board menu today. .....pimento cheese and chicken for me and fresh fruit side. chris got the warm peach salad. both were outstanding, especially the pimento.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

1 month ago chris retired and today i had a knife delivery near here, so she called some of her coworkers and they met us for lunch. this was one of their spots when she worked with them just down the street.

it was my first time and chris told me the BLT was the ticket i wanted - she was right, it was great and had some great sauce on it, but it came with sweet potato fries....bummer for me. chris got avocado and turkey, the other ladies got a nice BIG BOWL salad and one got a killer pimento cheese sandwich Panini w/chicken-on special board.

wonderful ice tea too.

do not bring small wallet!

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Wonderful food and love supporting a local business . My husband had a business luncheon there and was raving about it so we went and took my sister and her husband. We will be going again soon !! - I think tomorrow !!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Totally organic food purchased as close to the Hampton Roads area as possible. Delicious sandwiches...so worth your time and effort to visit when they are open!