“Good Family Seafood Reaturant”
Review of Surf Rider

Surf Rider
Ranked #13 of 578 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We ate ate this reaturant based on the recommendation of a staff member at the Hilton Garden hotel, in Chesapeake, Virginia. We were very happy with his suggestion! The place is busy, however we were seated promptly. The fried shrimp are large and butterflied then deep fried to perfection. They were plump, Juicy and Delicious. The raw and fried oysters were wonderful and the steam crab and shrimp very good as well. Also the salmon was tender and cooked just right. The sides are good too. There are also gluten free options. We had a nice time at this restaurant! It's family and children friendly. Our waitress Aspen was lovely, very helpful and attentive. If I'm ever in the area again I would surely return to Surf Rider.

1  Thank lizj306

Reviewed 4 June 2017

I decided to try to order takeout after a long day at work on a Saturday. I arrived around 7:50 pm after a 20 min drive and was told that they don't take takeout orders on the weekend.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We ate here last in SEP 2015. This time: $24.99 broiled seafood platter was pitiful - a "crab cake" the size of a golf ball, dry and chewy shrimp, 4 medium scallops, and a large fish fillet. I had the house salad with grilled tuna - pretty good.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

If you leave this restaurant hungry, you need to return and try again. I ordered just a house salad with grilled tuna... it proved to be a very ample meal. I was coveting the broiled seafood platters two of the folks in our party ordered, but was probably glad I didn't tackle one. The baked potatoes made for a meal all on their own. Everyone in our party of seven commented very favorably about their choices. Our service was excellent. Despite the restaurant being quite busy, our meals were delivered reasonably promptly and the ones that should have been warm/hot were.

This restaurant is obviously a local favorite, so expect it to be busy.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We go here quite often for business dinners, taking visitors when they come to town. The soft shell crabs are awesome - two bad the season was just starting this trip and the restaurant wasn't serving them yet. Only get the broccoli if you're really hungry because its HUGE!

Been to Surf Rider? Share your experiences!