“Great Date Location”

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Bizou is a trendy, slightly bohemian little restaurant that has a great atmosphere and an eclectic menu. Style is hard to categorize, but there are a lot of neo-american style dishes like the chipotle meatloaf and the banana bread dessert. Other good options are the fried calamari appetizer and any of the rabbit of veal dishes. The atmosphere is dark and perfect for a romantic outing, and I have never been there when the service was bad or when there was significant crowding. Recommended.

1  Thank killdivas

Reviewed 15 October 2011

After enjoying a walk at the Downtown Mall, we stopped by this unpredictable restaurant not knowing what to expect. I have to say that the element of surprise just kept on coming from the minute we walked in to the restaurant. The reception of the waiters right at the entrance was outstanding. But the waitress that took care of us, a Ballerina, was very friendly and served us very well. Since we were very hungry, we ordered the specials of the day, Veal and Rabbit dishes, and they were both tasty beyond measure. To top that off, we ordered a Banana Bread dessert and boy oh boy, let me just say we had to order a second one! Aaaamazing! If you end up in this area, please pay them a visit. Trust me, you won't regret it!!!

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Consistently great food and superb service. The lamb steak with hummus, flatbread and Greek salad is phenomenal as is the seared tuna. The specials are always extra special and the regular entrees are consistently topnotch. One of the best wine selections in Charlottesville. Great people watching when seated outside.

2  Thank goandgo
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Charlottesville is loaded with really good reataurants. The Bizou is one of our favorites because it is unpretentious with good food, and a fun and causal atmosphere. The outside tables on the Charlottesville Walking Mall are good for people watching when the weather is good. The food is quite tasty and reasonably priced. The ambiance reminds me of a French bistro with good food at reasonable prices. I’ve always enjoyed the wine selection, which has some really novel (and good) wines in the $15 to $20 range. The standard menu entrees start at $12 to $15 and are ample but not over the top serving sizes. There is typically a chnging menu page in the mid-$20 and specials each evening. A thoroughly enjoyable restaurant that has simply “gotten it right” in there price range.

2  Thank VirginiaRambler
Reviewed 15 September 2011

The cuisine is a bit unpredictable. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I'm only so-so. But, it is probably my "go to" place on the downtown mall. Food wise, I would say Hamiltons is slightly better. But Bizou has a lot more character.

1  Thank mattva1