“Best coffee in town”

Shenandoah Joe Coffee Roasters
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Service can take a few minutes, but worth the wait.  Every espresso drink is great.  Only place I buy coffee beans, you can watch the roaster in action...

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I went here three days in a row while visiting Charlottesville and ordered the same thing each day - a non-fat vanilla latte. The first two days it was absolutely, without a doubt, the best coffee I've ever had. On the flipside, my barista (same one both days) was not in the least bit friendly; almost rude. My brother noted that she seemed especially sour to him when he was in his military uniform. The third day brought two different baristas; both of which were incredibly friendly and I actually felt like they *wanted* to be there. However, the coffee wasn't quite as tasty (but still especially good)

Reviewed 27 December 2011

Their coffee is the roasted at the crack of dawn and sometimes the smell drifts into my neighborhood and wakes me up, but it's worth it. Super-good coffee.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Went in and ordered some green coffee beans from the clerk. She said that she had to get a manager or owner to get the beans. Stating that the store policy didn't allow the clerks to get the beans. She said the there was only one person their then that could help me. She said one of the owner's was working a woman. The woman who was working with the beans came to talk to the clerk. She said that she was too busy to weigh some beans out. She said to I could come back next week and she would sell to me then, Well to busy I guess your making too much money. You've lost all my business and I'm going to get my story out. So much for trying to buy local. To the internet I go.

3  Thank DRT49
Reviewed 23 February 2010

They roast all of the coffee in house, which makes for great, fresh tasting coffee. They're usually busy in the mornings when everyone is trying to grab their coffee before work, but otherwise it's usually not that bad. Parking can be a pain as there are few spots directly around the shop, but there are also several businesses around where you can park and just walk over.

1  Thank James Y