“Hidden Gem”

Walney Visitor Center
Ranked #7 of 17 things to do in Chantilly
Reviewed 8 August 2017

A resident of Manassas, I had driven by this place for years before I finally insisted (on Father's Day, when I could do so) that the whole family accompany me on a visit and hike - we're all glad we did We learned a lot from the displays at the Visitor Center and the hiking trail we took (40 min circuit hike) was unspoiled and quite pretty. Visit, but ... sssshhh ... don't tell anybody else!

1  Thank Hank H

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Great place for pleasant walk through natural park environment. Interesting little visitor center and historical farm site. Lot of events occur throughout the year.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

It's a very nice area. It is very noisy though, but I guess you have to expect that when it's in a city next to a busy road and an airport. If you have a hard time walking at all, this is not the place for you sadly. The pond area down the road seemed nice though and a bit easier to walk it seemed. I would go back, but I would like to find some other place that's less noisy.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We walked around the grounds and talked with the person inside the visitor center. The day we were there they had kids coming in and asking for clues for their next part. I am sure this was a camp geared for kids to keep them busy for their parents. The kids really enjoyed playing the game and kept them active. There is picnic tables there to enjoy and a small garden. There are trails to hike on as well. Very interesting place to visit and enjoy for an outdoor day.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Easy to find and free parking. The trail goes to both ends of the park and save the South end for last so you can spend time at the pond.