See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Stayed for only one night, average room, owner very friendly and helpful. Nice location, quiet rooms. Was just about like any other small motel I have stayed in that wasn't newly built or furnished but I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2017

I 'booked' a room simply because I needed a place to crash after attending a local music festival. The 'man behind the desk' got a view of my 2 dogs in my SUV and started shaking his head. I tried to explain that they would stay in the vehicle and never enter the room, and so, the pet policy did not apply. So he called the 'man behind the desk reinforcement' person. Did I just enter into a Cohen brothers movie? There was no convincing them that if the pets are not in the room, staying in the car, and not causing a problem, how could there be a pet policy. Then the 'she' argument started. "It would be okay with me, but 'she' would never allow it". Perhaps 'mommy'. It was then completely obvious that they did not want my business. I shook my head and walked out, amazingly without an utterance of profanity. Now I just need to ensure my credit card is not charged. DO NOT STAY unless you are desperate!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Riding the Blue Ridge Parkway and was looking for a cheap, easy on-off lodging. I like the older motels for the convenience of parking right outside the room. This place fit my needs nicely. This is not a fancy place, small bath room, bed was fine. TV, barely adequate. Wi-Fi was great. Ice machine far away from rooms. Could have been a little cleaner. Kind of dusty from sitting and the air freshener was a bit strong. I opened the windows and aired the place out. Like the porch for sitting out. Gas station close by as well as places to eat. Good value for the money, But don't expect too much.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Came down from Parkway ready for a rest after a day driving. Very nice looking older motel and very convenient to get back to Blue Ridge.
Immaculate landscape and outside of buildings.

The stench of the room was overwhelming and toilet seat was covered in urine. The bathroom floor was black with dirt literally. I wiped a small area with wash cloth and it was black not brown.

Not clean on INSIDE

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carolyn H
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

I spoke to a gentleman three days before I came to this motel and I thought we had agreed on the rate listed in AWOL and that I could receive a package here (after which he gave me the address). When I got here the lady currently working was adamant that no packages could be received and the rate was jacked up by 50 percent. After being yelled at by the lady for a while, I finally signed a waiver stating the front desk was not responsible for any packages. As an AT hiker I also found that this place is not convenient to refueling and they don't appear to do shuttles to the trail head as stated in AWOL. This is the worst place I've stayed at in the 1,380 miles I've been hiking on the Appalachian trail or ever for that matter.

Rolling