“Decent Japanese dinner”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The service here was excellent. The waitresses were very kind and prompt. The food however wasn't as consistently awesome. Some was good and some was just meh. We had the edamame appetizer and it was delicious - I would recommend it to anyone! We both had the clear soup, which my husband enjoyed but I didn't (too salty for me). He had Hibachi salmon and scallops and it was delicious. However, my teriyaki chicken was very bland and dry. Perhaps the key is to get seafood/sushi since that is what is most recommended on the other reviews.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Had sushi here several times and it has been consistently very good. We usually have assortment of rolls salmon sashimi and occasional hibachi. Chirashi platter got smaller than the last time but sushi quality equal or better any big city.

No much ambiance. Staff nice.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

When we entered the restaurant we were greeted immediately and seated by a lovely hostess who provided our menus. Our waitress arrived quickly and took care of our drink orders. After arriving with our drinks our waitress asked if we had any questions about the menu and was more then happy to answer them. Both my friend and I decided on Bento Boxes with Beef Negamaki. Our waitress was quick to explain the ingredients in the Beef Negamaki and even showed us a picture in the menu so we could see what we were ordering.
The meal started with a clear soup that was piping hot on arrival. Very flavorful! The Bento Box followed with Shumai, California Maki, Rice, Salad, Ginger, Wasabi and the Beef. The presentation was beautiful and the food was very fresh. Needless to say we could not finish all the food so we were given take out boxes to finish our treasures at a later time. We finished the meal with a cold glass of Plum Wine while we relaxed.
The restaurant was decorated nicely and had a large open grill for the chefs. Service was excellent and the food was outstanding. If you are in Bristol, VA stop by to enjoy this lovely restaurant, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite Japanese places ever. The food is always delicious and hot even carry out orders. The quality of the food is excellent and the restaurant seems clean. The staff has always been friendly and courteous. I highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

This place has legit sushi and you can choose from wide menu variety amd eat on a budget or go all out. Great shrimp tempura rolls! ...........