“Fresh Seafood, Raw or Perfectly Cooked-It Ain't Fancy but It's Great!”

Greene's Fresh Seafood & Deli
Ranked #12 of 97 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Deli, Seafood
Reviewed 17 June 2018

The Princess and I ate here one Saturday recently and were thoroughly impressed! She never saw a shrimp she couldn't make friends with, and we both love crab, oysters, fresh fish, lobster, and you can get just about anything you want here! They can special order too.

But beyond just being a specialty purveyor of fresh seafood, they also have a little sit-down restaurant where you can try freshly cooked items yourself. It's not fancy, but this is some of the best seafood you will find for many miles around! (Stay away from Red Lobster whatever you do, either J'City or Bristol; go here instead!) Since we had never tried the sit-down restaurant, we ordered the fried sampler platter (I'll diet tomorrow) with fresh fish (cod I think, or haddock; great!); fried oysters (to die for); fried shrimp (fantastic; the Princess was in Heaven); and fried scallops (among the best I've ever eaten). As a calorie and carbs cutdown we ordered broccoli instead of the usual potato (fried/baked) choices. Get yourself a bunch of tartar and cocktail sauce and chow down!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed this place. The shrimp and crab legs were huge, sweet tea was delicious, and the service was fast. Must try!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Very fresh seafood with complete selection expertly prepared and served by wonderful staff at a fair price. I stand by this statement. My recent visit was much like previous visits over the years. Give it try, bet you will agree.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The Good: I love this place! Oyster stew is amazing; buffalo oysters are outstanding. Huge variety of fresh seafood.

Tips: check out the chalkboard on the left when you enter for the long Liz of daily specials.

I roll in every time I am traveling through the area!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Date night with My wife. We stopped here and was well impressed. We had the catfish bites and they were wonderful. We got there at closing time and the grill had shut down,so we did the appetizer. We will go back.

Date of visit: February 2018