“this would be a great....”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Ranked #62 of 91 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

My wife and I ate there the wait at that time was not bad, but after that it was down hill. our server for our table did not offer us bread like the other tables. We had to ask for it.
We ordered salads , and waited, and waited , and waited. they came out about a minute before our main course arrived. I ask the server to take my salad away , my wife did also. nothing worse than finishing the salad while the Steak & potato gets cold. My wife & I only took a couple of bites of the salad, we ask that it be removed from our Bill that we owed.
Our drinks went dry , had to ask for them more than once.
We received the Bill at the end they only took a little off the price of one salad, and full price on the other.
the mood was set during the dinner that was less than pleasant. This would be a great place for an OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE !!! Very disappointed , wont be back more than likely.

1  Thank doug c
OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

We feel terrible about your experience. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Bristol, VA". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

There are newer reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 19 July 2017

The young lady, Cassidy R, who took care of us was great. We waited a long, long time for a pretty simple order that when it came was just, so, so. Don't think we will go back considering the price we paid.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This was two trips in one- first and last. The service was terrible, the food was not-even-mediocre, and the atmosphere was reminiscent of nothing so much as a high school cafeteria.
When my date and I arrived, we waited for a seat, as it was shortly after lunch on Sunday and fairly busy. The seating they originally offered us was a tiny 2-top on a section that was a long bench on one side of multiple tables and chairs on the other with all of the other seats in the section filled by a large family with many small children. We asked if we could, instead, wait for a booth to have more intimate "date" seating. The seat we were shown to was a "booth" in a line down the center of the room, with traffic on 3 sides and another booth attached at the low seat back. My date sat on the busier side, where every server who passed used the back of the seat next to his shoulder to "push off" rounding the corner, and I had the option of either looking into my plate or into the faces of other diners.
After our long wait to be seated, we were looking forward to our drinks and ordering an appetizer, but we waited another 15+ minutes before our server arrived, arms overloaded with dripping dirty dishes, no order pad, and offered to take our drink orders, which he returned with another 15 minutes later. At that point we ordered appetizers (an onion and cheese fries) and those arrived fairly promptly, at least compared to the experience so far. However, we waited until the apps arrived to order our dinners, which was a mistake. It took so long to get our entrees that we completely finished our apps and salads and sat for another 10 minutes looking at the dirty plates and our empty glasses we had long since requested refills on before we finally walked to the bar and asked someone there to refill them for us. The server arrived back at our table a few minutes later, still no entrees, and asked us if we would like dessert, and how to split the tab. We said we'd prefer dinner.
When our steaks finally arrived they were burnt crusty on the outside and as flavorful as dry cardboard,and accompanied by the driest, mealiest potato I have ever encountered. No amount of butter could help, although since the potato was cold before the butter arrived, it's hard to say if hot butter might have done better.
We asked for our check, was presented with a bill well in excess of $50, and handed over a credit card, which was whisked away, out of sight, into the kitchen for another 20 minutes and finally reappeared to be signed accompanied by- in an agonizing coup de grace- an orange crayola marker. We returned to the bar server for the loan of a pen.
Our meal, the entree of which neither of us enjoyed enough to finish, took just over 2 hours. I will not be back.

1  Thank kittenstylekungfu
OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hello,

This is not at all the food and service experience we had hoped for. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Bristol, VA". We can then correspond directly over email.

Lacey

Reviewed 2 July 2017

it was so crowed that we called ahead still had to wait 30 minutes
the salads didn't have dressing on them , the steaks were so salty and too much pepper
we will try again to see if it has improved any

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I have ate here several times, food was always good, cooked the way you order it. Atmosphere was pleasant and waitresses friendly. Good parking. Clean inside and outside.