Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TributePortfolioUS$160
PricelineUS$158
Hotels.comUS$158
Agoda.comUS$158
Expedia.comUS$158
TravelocityUS$158
All reviews bbq restaurant country music state street breakfast bowl record player beautiful property pulled pork listening room presidential suite walking distance to numerous restaurants burger bar rooftop bar set the tone gift card a true gem stayed here one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2021

Even the view while parking the car was interesting with three different restored buildings as part of the complex. The hotel is in two different buildings with the third building containing a BBQ restaurant plus meeting/banquet rooms. The lobby is in a country music theme with exposed brick, rafters. Clean and open design. Very welcoming and professional staff. Check in was fast and easy. Our room was on the top floor (3rd) with an interesting view of the rooftops of Bristol. High ceiling with exposed rafters, good design, clean and so much better than the cookie cutter hotels by the interstate. Bathrooms are actually designed well with walk-in shower, separate toilet and plenty of counter space. It is located at one end of State Street which put the restaurants and shopping within easy walking distance. Highly recommend if you're interested in experiencing Bristol. They also have an interesting looking rooftop bar area that was closed due to the weather.

Room tip: Pick a view of the downtown. The mountains are in the distance.
Date of stay: February 2021
Kimberly Christner, Owner at The Sessions Hotel, Bristol, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2021

Thank you for your detailed and fabulous review! We appreciate the description of all of the wonderfulness the property has to offer. We hope you'll be back when the rooftop is open and we have music on our outdoor stage!

Reviewed 6 February 2021 via mobile

The only place to stay when you are visiting Bristol. Friendly, professional staff, immaculate rooms in beautiful historic buildings, and attention to even the smallest details. Can't wait to stay again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much! Come back soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

First the semi negative. I was upgraded to a Queen Suite in room 200. Thank you. The room and amenities are first rate. Everything was perfect about the room, except it was located over the bar and restaurant. Very noisy.

That said, I definitely would stay here again. Now that I know better, I would ask for a room in a quiet part of the hotel.

Mobile chck in was easy and the nice woman (Katelynn?) was very helpful. Location is great and I walked 3 blocks to a Cafe called Bloom. I had a great cup of coffee and highly recommended this place.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank rbusofsky

Thank you so much for your review. The Queen Suites are fabulous! The bedroom portion of the suite is in the original granary mill, so extra cool. Sounds like you were in the one on the 2nd floor - yep, that's right over the bar. So until the bar closes, being a historic building, it can be a little noisy. Next time, stay on the 3rd of 4th floor in the Mill and you should be just fine!

Reviewed 22 January 2021

My wife and overnight in Bristol several times a year on the way to visit grandkids. On our most recent trip, we decided to skip the I81 adjacent hotels and give Sessions a try. What a surprise! Sessions is a true hidden gem - we actually considered extending our stay another night. The staff was exceptional – it’s difficult to make someone feel welcome, appreciated and “at home” in only one night, but they did it. The facility is even more impressive– the attention to detail at every corner reflects the passion and true intention of the owners in the design and theme of the hotel. The use of old microphone casing for lighting fixture in our room was pure genius – I still smile when I think about it.

If the comfort, quality, and design of the hotel are not enough – then head across the breezeway to the Southern Craft restaurant. Simply the best baby back ribs I’ve ever had (we’re from Texas and spent the prior night in Memphis, so we have experience ….), and my wife declared the same for the chicken wings. The attention to detail and theme carried over to Southern Craft.

We also had a chance to meet and talk to a long-term guest while we were out on the outdoor rooftop bar (which was a surprise as it was about 27 degrees out and the bar was understandable closed for the season …!) He’d been there for several weeks and told us just how much he enjoyed Sessions too.

I’ve spent over 2,000 nights in hotels around the world over the course of my business and pleasure travel career. Sessions is easily in the top 5 places I’ve ever had the pleasure to stay.

Room tip: Exceptional theming and attention to design detail
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Bill O

What a fabulous compliment! And thank you so much for writing such a thoughtful and detailed review! As a new hotel, opening in the middle of COVID we've been challenged. But having our guest write such great reviews tells us that as we get back to our 'new normal', we've done things right! Thank you for noticing all of the little details and special ways we've told the story of the property and of Bristol. We look forward to your return! #grateful

Reviewed 21 January 2021

Are you kidding me with a centrally controlled HVAC system that has temp limits?!? Charge me a fee if you must but I’ll be the one to set my sleeping temperature. That’s ridiculous. I love everything about this property but that’s going to be a deal breaker. I may not return.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Catrina Mullins, Owner at The Sessions Hotel, Bristol, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Thanks for the review. I would love to know what room you stayed in so we can have our engineer take a look at it. These units are mini splits and individually controlled in the room. You have a large range to set the temperatures so if it was not heating or cooling correctly, I would like to know. Please feel free to email me directly at gm@sessionshotel.com. Thanks!