“Excellent service and food”

The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
Radford, Virginia
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I was there for a three day conference with Rotary International. The service and food was always impeccably served and presented. The rooms were well lit, seating was comfortable and well arranged. The first impression was that this was an excellently presented conference centre and everything was done to make the guest feel at ease and very welcome. I enjoyed the stay and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending this location for a conference. I did not stay at the centre as I live not too far away. Those who did stay said it was highly commendable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Mr. Martin:

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent visit to The Inn at Virginia Tech. We were pleased you found the conference center and services so convenient. We value our relationship with Rotary and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you on future visitis to The Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2012

From the moment I walked through the front door, they made me feel special.
They were very eager to please.
The property was well laid out and quite stunning yet understated.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Fess-it:

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. I'm always pleased to hear from our guests about the friendliness and hospitality displayed by our staff. We look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Blacksburg.
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I'm an architecture student at Virginia Tech and it is very embarassing when I have to refer people away from this hotel and towards the Hilton Garden Inn. This hotel should represent our campus in the most monumental way, but instead it is a forgettable footnote in the landscape of the university. The lack of amenities- no pool or spa, and the extremely basic interior design of the rooms (almost Hampton-inn like) does not encourage prospective students, visiting speakers, visiting employers, or other school's sports teams to look up to us and envy us, but most likely leave a feeling of being less than impressed, and this will reflect on their feeling of the university as a whole.

My parents stayed here many times, first in a regular room, to which they quickly upgraded to a suite which was also less than impressive, just bigger, but there are only a few of those, so they are hard to get. once the Hilton was built, they haven't been back to the inn at VT because there is no reason to.

-Give the staff a five-star formality and attitude as opposed to the typical casual southwest Virginian attitude

-Build a pool/spa

-add more impressive and forward-thinking artwork and sculptures

-Make the lobby monumental and rooms luxurious and unforgettable

-Then you will be on to something and really bring pride to the university and visitors. Go hokies!

• Stayed April 2011
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Ramblin Man,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay last year. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the design of The Inn and its amenities.

The primary purpose for the facility is to provide a conference center for Virginia Tech meetings and events. We are also fortunate to be able to attract many families visiting their students and numerous athletic teams competing at the university. Our location on campus and the access to University facilities is a benefit our guests seem to appreciate.

Thanks again for sharing your opinion.
United States
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed at the Inn for a few nights on a short business trip. I wasn't quite sure what to expect as all the other options I saw in the area were limited service brands that are all the same. The pictures online made it stand out, and I wasn't disappointed when I got there.

The property itself looks great, built to resemble the university that is right next door. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful, always smiling or giving a greeting in passing. I ate in the restaurant a couple of times and I must say that the food was excellent. Breakfast in the morning was a treat, but don't forget the bread pudding during lunch or dinner!

I had everything I needed during my stay, and the location of the Inn makes it so easy to get anywhere in the area - you're never far away. Overall my stay was wonderful and I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Shadowcat,

Thank you for the nice comments about your recent stay with us. We are proud of our staff and your recognition of their friendliness is appreciated.

We look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you on your next visit to Blacksburg.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Before I arrived at the Inn I was expecting a lot because its reputation preceeds it. For the most part it lived up to its reputation as a fine hotel and meeting place. I was impressed by its stonework and especially by the friendly staff who made my visit comfortable.

The ball room was decorated well, the food and service were satisfactory plus the speeches were important and the band played great. We drank and danced the night away listening to 10 Spot do their thing. They covered old and new songs. The kid on drums was terrific and the horn section was tight. Many of my friends agree that the band sponsors made the night a success because of their choice for entertainment.

Thank you Jim, Freddy, Bill, Alan, John, Tom, Mark and "10 Spot"!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you for sharing the notes about your experience at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We were pleased to be chosen to host the Sigma Chi Reunion and it appeared the attendees had a great time. We hope you will stay with us again on future visits to Blacksburg.