“Good food”
Review of Huddle House

Huddle House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Located across the parking lot from The Comfort Inn, very handy. Food was very good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We are here last night when we arrived to check in to the Comfort Inn. This was around 9/9:30pm. We each had a burger and some iced tea and an appetizer sampler.

Around 4 am my husband woke up very ill with what was clearly food poisoning. We won’t be back during this visit which is terrible because we noticed there aren’t a lot of non-chain food options.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We were staying at te hotel next door. We decided to eat in our room so my daughter and I went to order and get the food. We ordered sandwiches and breakfast food. It was not busy and it took quite awhile to get our food. We finally received our order and headed back to the room.

Some of the food was a little soggy, it was a dessert waffle. The sandwich was not great. It was greasy. The smoked sausage sandwich was not good. It was just a disappointment. If we are ever in Big Stone Gap, VA, we will bypass the Huddle House. If we are staying at the hotel near it, we will drive to a different restaurant.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We ate here because we were in a hurry and also had just checked in to the motel right next door.
The service was quite attentive and friendly
My husband had the chopped steak and enjoyed the mushroom gravy on it
Both of us enjoyed the baked potatoes
I had the rib eye steak which was supposed to be medium rare but was actually well done. did enjoy the salad which had lots of different greens and garden vegetables
We would go back another time if we were in the area.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We visited this diner because is was close to our hotel. Huddle House is a popular diner in this area. I ordered a BLT and side salad. The dressing I thought was homemade but turned out to be from a packet, but still good. The food was made fresh and hit the spot. We ordered carry out, we didn't get any utensils, however the staff was really friendly.