All reviews huddle house beautiful staircase lodge style waffles kids loved the pool family reunion room was clean would stay again excellent hotel mountain view two nights free breakfast mini fridge nice place to stay enjoyed my stay next morning hot breakfast
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This place is out among the hills. Quiet, Immaculate inside, friendly staff.
Outside very typical............inside warm and cozy! Great breakfast in the AM included...........simply yet delightful. Location is beautiful with good overlooks.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view from above front entrance
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for two nights on a recent business trip. Do not usually stay at Comfort Inn's but since this was the #1 hotel in the area we chose it. What a surprise. Gorgeously decorated in Lodge style. Beautiful staircase greets you as you walk in. The woman who checked us in was lovely. I was upgraded to a suite because they were cleaning the rug in my ordered room. My suite was a large room with a jacuzzi right next to the bed. The room looked brand new (furniture and rug) looked like they were installed yesterday. Beautiful views as well. Very quiet hotel with comfortable bed. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is well maintained. You can tell the workers take pride in caring for this place. Rooms are standard, but clean. The front desk employees were extremely nice and accommodating. They have some of the friendliest workers I've encountered at a hotel.

I wish they would install exhaust fans in the bathrooms. Maybe something for management to consider? Breakfast was less than desirable. There were 2 hot items. I like a hot breakfast and this wasn't it. It was eggs and sausage. They had gravy, but were not putting anymore out...what? I didn't like that.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Stayed on the 2nd floor, the hotel was full with a little league team, their families and tourist, it was still a quite stay. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our rooms were clean and attended to daily. Stan greeted me when I arrived and was friendly and helpful in answering any questions and recommending places to eat. He assisted me with a work issue and went above and beyond what I could ask for. Great stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Microwave and refrigerator. No freezer in the refrigerator. Over looked the front parking lot. No noise issues.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Teresa G, Guest Services at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Big Stone Gap and for sharing your positive comments. Our grounds and housekeeping teams will be delighted to learn their efforts are appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Teresa Gupton/Guest Services

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We stayed on the 2nd floor and after being kept up all night for 2 nights from the people above us stomping so loud on the floor as they constantly (all day and all night) walked back and forth, we will not be back here!!! EVER!!!! It's old and outdated here. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Holiday Inn in Norton! I know next time we will.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor if you want any sleep at all
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
resagupton, Guest Services at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We did address the noise issue with the very excited little league team that was here, and regret that you were disturbed. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. If you come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best!
Teresa Gupton/Guest Services