All reviews front desk nice hotel sink area free breakfast standard courtyard quiet location courtyard marriott king room business trip pool and hot tub pull out couch rooms were very clean coffee maker exercise room short drive stayed one night church street
Reviewed 27 August 2018

For nearly $200 per night we would have expected at least a comfortable bed and a breakfast buffet that was hot and good quality. Neither were the case. Also, the room included a big spacious balcony - WITH NO FURNTURE! What a wasted feature. So unless the price per night was much lower I couldn't recommend this property at all.

Room tip: Choose a nice Air BnB instead
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed as a family with our two kids and they very much enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The fireplace outside was a nice touch too!

The room was a decent size and very nice comfortable pillows and sheets.

The location is about 12 minutes outside of downtown Burlington.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Let me first say our first night there was a great night. Hotel was clean, quiet, and felt very spacious. We were greeted by very friendly employees. The housekeeping staff we came in contact with were also very friendly.
Our next two nights were the total opposite. We attempted to sit in the common area with family to enjoy conversation, but that was hard to do. There was a full sports team that checked in; parents walking in with full rolling coolers and kids running everywhere. The kids were still running around the hotel at 12:30-1:00 at night. The parents never left the firepit area to tend to the kids. The gentleman working the desk told us he had received many complaints. The next night, the kids were acting just the same. No control. We were on the 2nd floor near the pool and could hear them yelling in the pool area after midnight. Although it isn't a problem with the hotel, however it made for slightly unpleasant nights.
The Bistro was also out of the items needed for about half of their menu while we were there. We ventured out for all of our meals from that point forward.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KLL9
Meghan R, Director of Sales at Courtyard Burlington Williston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear KLL9,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Burlington Williston.

It is our goal to provide our guests with clean accommodations and courteous service, and I am pleased that we were able to do so on the first evening of your stay. However, the experience that you had at our property on the subsequent evenings of your stay is unacceptable. I sincerely apologize for the noise disturbance. We do encourage all of our guests to enjoy our public spaces in a manner that is respectful of our other guests, especially in the evening hours, and I regret that this did not occur during your visit. Though we often cannot dictate behavior, we do train our staff to address such behavior as it occurs to bring about a rapid conclusion, and this situation has highlighted a need for continued training. To further prevent such disturbances from occurring in the future, our management team is in the process of establishing a "code of conduct" clause for sports teams and similar groups so as to ensure that our rules are adhered to by all of our guests. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations in this manner.

We do hope to host you during your next visit to the Burlington area so that we may provide you with the peaceful rest that our guests have come to expect.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

The place was what I expected from checking into a Courtyard Marriott. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff friendly. The on site bistro was a plus. Our rate included a good hot buffet. The place has a pool, whirlpool, and exercise room. It only has 1 slow elevator for the building.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Meghan R, Director of Sales at Courtyard Burlington Williston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Larry H,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Burlington Williston! I am happy to read that our clean rooms, friendly staff, and hotel amenities met your expectations during your recent stay. We have implemented a number of improvements and updates in our Bistro as of late (with a few more to come later this summer), and we are thrilled that you are pleased with the results. We hope to welcome you to the Courtyard again whenever your travels bring you back to Williston!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I stayed at the Courtyard Burlington Williston (177 Hurricane Lane, Williston, VT) with my husband and daughter for two nights recently (July 3rd through the 5th). My husband and I stayed there last July as well. As other reviewers have noted, the hotel is well-kept and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff with whom we interacted, particularly Crystal and Larisa, were friendly and helpful, though I was puzzled, when we checked in, to be told by the person at the front desk (not Crystal or Larisa) that we had a king room, as requested. In fact, I had requested a queen room for the three of us, not a king room. The person who checked us in then asked whether we had booked through Marriott. As a long time Marriott Rewards member I had booked many months earlier directly with Marriott, as I always do. That should have been obvious from our reservation. We were then changed to a queen room though I did wonder who made the room assignments and how much attention was paid to our reservation. In any event, we got ourselves settled and were grateful for the air-conditioner, which worked very well and kept us comfortable given that Vermont was in the midst of an extreme heat wave.

But I did want to say, as I noted in my Trip Advisor review last year when we stayed, also in July, that the lighting over the sink was extremely poor. Other reviewers—in December 2017 and someone else this past June—also noted the poor lighting, and both times there was a response from Marriott stating that the issue would be addressed soon. In fact, the initial response, from Meghan R., Director of Sales at the Courtyard Burlington Williston, stated that “our rooms will soon be receiving backlit mirrors which will alleviate the lighting concerns you noted.” This time Meghan R. said to the recent reviewer that maintenance would address the lighting issue over the sink. We came back to stay at this Courtyard thinking that the lighting problem was solved. It isn’t. There are no backlit mirrors and the maintenance staff, however well meaning, cannot address the issue of a small fluorescent unit close to a high ceiling above the mirror. The lighting is simply inadequate and needs to be updated. Shaving, putting on make-up or using eye drops becomes a challenge with such poor lighting.

Another oddity at this Courtyard is the lack of a reading lamp near the chair in the corner of the room, a basic item (found at every Marriott we have stayed at) if you want to read in the evening. A remaining item which might be nice to have, and which was also noted as lacking by a reviewer in November 2016, would be a table or small stand in the bathroom. There is no place on which to put items in the shower area other than on the closed toilet.

Currently, the hotel lobby is undergoing (has undergone) a major renovation. As a result, the lobby is a welcoming, comfortable place to sit, eat or relax but I would think that equal attention should be given to the rooms where people actually stay and I am not sure that has been given priority.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Meghan R, Director of Sales at Courtyard Burlington Williston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear SES916,

Thank you for again choosing the Courtyard Burlington Williston. I am pleased that Crystal and Larisa provided courteous service and that our air conditioner was up to the task of keeping you cool; this is certainly no small feat during the extreme heat we experienced during your visit.

I apologize that you have been left with the impression that the quality of our rooms is not a priority as this is not the case. Our primary goal has always been to provide guests with the utmost in comfort, service, and safety. We are currently finalizing a significant renovation to the exterior of our property, and the updates to our lobby that the exterior renovation necessitated have concluded. We are excited about the installation of new door locks to all hotel rooms within the coming weeks. It is important for us to focus on implementing changes that provide the greatest impact on safety, security, and comfort first, with items of a less integral nature updated afterward. The updates to the exterior, lobby, and room locks were prioritized because they directly improve the safety and comfort of all of our guests. Although our maintenance staff have tried to use brighter bulbs to alleviate this concern in the meantime, mirror lights will be addressed more permanently in the next wave of improvements. We are confident that the order of each element's replacement appropriately reflects its relative importance. We appreciate your valuable feedback and assure you that it will be taken into consideration as we continue to improve our hotel.

We look forward to hosting you again whenever your travels bring you back to Williston!