“Yummy Birthday Dinner”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eclectic and creative menu featuring local ingredients. Located in the Old Tip Top Bread Bakery building which is home to numerous artist studios and retail shops in downtown White River Junction, Vermont. Outdoor seating when weather permits.
Reviewed 16 April 2017

We had a great birthday meal with our family (2 adults and 3 kids). As always, food was delicious and the wait staff was very helpful. They have a nice wine list too. While their kids menu is limited it offers an upscale version of the basics. We love their french fires and artichoke fritters as an appetizer and their creme brulee can't be beat!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Nice looking place but the menu was very limited. We were with an elderly couple and quite frankly nothing on the menu appealed to them so we left.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

The fries! Wow! The warm bread with herbal oil! You'll want to take some home. And, that's just getting started. So, starters... definitely the fries and the Caesar salad (its grilled with tons of Parmesan and anchovies, house-made croutons). That said, you can't go wrong with any of the starters. My husband and I frequent this restaurant and we have tried them all! Entrees..everything is fresh, house-prepared with attention to detail. Portions are very good. There is not an entree that I don't care for but I tend to go for the steak or the meatloaf. My husband usually heads for the cod or the special. Trust me you can't go wrong. And then, dessert...that is if you still have room. Creme brûlée, sherbet, ice cream, flourless chocolate cake, and fruit crisps to name a few. This is a great place if you're visiting the Upper Valley, going to the Northern Stage theatre or just want a great meal out.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed all aspects of my visit, some of the best customer service I have ever received by a gentleman whose name I can't remember and excellent food. Excellent drink selection and preparation and the hangar steak was prepared exactly as I ordered it. Also, my appetizer (risotto with strawberry and chocolate ) was well-prepared, with a good texture. I look forward to trying the Ruben off their lunch menu next time!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Great food and extremely friendly service. 2 adults, 3 kids, everyone left happy. Their menu is fairly small, but everything I have ever had was delicious!