All reviews old school train station cafe next door turkish restaurant older hotels high ceilings charming hotel new england charm railroad town like stepping back in time rooms connected wide hallways chain hotels cookie cutter sitting room modern amenities enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 23 March 2017

My daughter and I spent one night here and it was awful. It is half hotel and half boarding house. The room was very old and not very clean. Dried blood on the bed sheets and no response from management.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
David B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coolidge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Hi Jennifer, I'm Judith Falk, the Front Desk Manager here at Hotel Coolidge. I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. I do have a couple of questions--I'm wondering when you stayed with us? I do take my responsibilities as Front Desk Manager VERY seriously, and I know that I was not contacted about the issues you describe above. The buck stops with me. Our housekeeping staff works very, very hard, and they typically receive rave reviews, as evidenced by many of the other TripAdvisor reviews. I won't disagree about the age of our building--it is in fact "old", and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is a 1920s era railroad hotel, and we are very proud of our hotel's charm, character, and history. Yes, we do offer long-term stay facilities for visiting or relocating professionals, doctors who are working at Dartmouth, or a couple of residents who work at King Arthur Flour and are staying with us while they house-hunt, for example.
I truly wish that you had spoken with me; I would have been more than happy to address any issues, or help you find a different hotel that would have been more to your liking. Sincerely, Judith Falk

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Have stayed here several times over many years and always look forward to returning to The Coolidge and White River Junction. Spent a very nice evening with friends at a good restaurant and a very interesting performance The Main Street museum. Will definitely back.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Greg, I am so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and got to take in a show and a good dinner. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Great location. Very friendly staff. A lot of history in that building. Eat at the Tucker Box. Food is great. No coffee in room, yikes. But a credit at the attached cafe with great coffee, that helped.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Judith F, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coolidge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Hi Sean--so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and got to eat at the Tuckerbox. Isn't that place great?!? And the BoHo Cafe next to our lobby does a very fine job too--Come visit us again!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Have been staying at the Coolidge 3-4 nights per week for 6 months now and love the location, cleanliness and affordability. Relocating for work and needed long term temporary housing. Cool place to stay as long as you don't mind a historic hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Judith F, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coolidge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thanks so much for your very nice review. Yes, a little-known option at the Hotel Coolidge is our long-term stay rooms, perfect for professionals relocating for work or here on a job for a few weeks or a few months. Thanks for highlighting this in your review! We will be sorry to see you go!

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Old hotel, so expect old fixtures (sinks, windows) but the beds were very comfortable and the hot water for the showers was great! We had two rooms sharing a common bathroom, but neither bathroom door would close completely because the old doors had warped and they no longer lined up with the door frames. For our family, it was fine because we did not mind. Visiting the Hotel Coolidge was like stepping back in time to the 1930's. Breakfast was very nice but only for very basic food items, but they had good coffee! We liked how cheerful and friendly the staff and everyone was. We also appreciated being close to the highway. It was perfect for our ski trip, and we plan to return in the summer. Great Mediterranean restaurant just next door (Tuckerbox) and a truly wonderful shop featuring local artists and hand crafts (also next door). White River Junction is definitely on our list as a place to visit again!

Room tip: For a quiet room, request a room facing the interior courtyard.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank amysL1843XH
Judith F, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coolidge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Hi Amy--I loved reading your review! Unvarnished, but very positive, and you clearly "get" The Hotel Coolidge! Glad too that our staff received high marks--everyone works very hard to ensure the comfort of our guests. And I'll alert the maintenance crew to the door situation you mentioned--thanks for bringing it to my attention. We look forward to seeing you this summer!