“Great dinner for two”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My fiancee and I had an amazing dinner here last month. We had the meze platter, and shared the mixed grill kebab. Everything including the wine was delicious, unique, and very affordable. I highly recommend Tuckerbox to anyone looking for a great meal in the white river junction area.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I was very disappointed. We have been here in years past, but this year was vastly different. The cheese cigars were flavorless with a few drops of red pepper aioli. The burek was really poor, not much flavor but really dry, clearly from a day or two ago.
I really liked this place in the past but now I cannot recommend it.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Traveling back home from Montreal and this was a great spot for lunch. It was busy when we got in and a lot of people were waiting for food, but it was quick and the falafel was homemade and the lavash was hot out of the oven. The restaurant is not far from the highway, not much to look at but the food is great. We took home some Helva and had it for dessert. Lots of great Turkish food and something for anyone one, even if you are have a picky eater with you.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Yes we had a reservation for 8 pm on a Sunday night. Be aware this is the only game in town on a Sunday night so be forewarned. We knew it would not be busy so we made a reservation. However it didn’t matter. We we’re asked to step aside and we did as the 8 o’clock hour passed. We were stunned as group after group was seated. Then our party of five was floored when a table in front of us was cleared and group of six sat down in front of us. I will never go back to this place.

3  Thank tonyweinert
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Our friends took the 5 of us to this restaurant on Saturday night (be sure you have reservations as there is a theater next door who fills the restaurant before shows).
Two of us shared a bottle of the house red, yummy and two shared the pinot grigio.

We shared the grilled octopus (our friends were Leary, I said try it..they loved it..delicious and tender), 2 helpings of the pachanga borer and a serving of lavash with haydari.

Surf and turf kabobs..swordfish and lamb..delectable.

We enjoyed hot Turkish tea and Turkish coffee.

We shared two Turkish desserts (pictured): Turkish baklava and Kunefe (shredded cheese baked with layers of shredded wheat topped with hot syrup).

As I say..a complete Turkish delight from beginning to end!!

Make that reservation. This restaurant is open for breakfast-lunch-dinner, though closed 4-5pm each day to set up for dinner(except Monday, close at 5).