“Pleasantly surprised!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 December 2015

We grabbed lunch here while out Christmas shopping and were pleasantly surprised to find that the food is pretty good. The portions are decent and Falcons are good. The Turkish bread was a bit under-baked. The dinner menu, which includes the kid's menu, is only available in the evenings, so those with larger appetites will need an appetizer and a main to be satisfied. There are table do large groups, as well as 2 and 4 tops. Order T the counter, they deliver to your table. Casual and comfy.

1  Thank Katie G

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

Although advertised as a Mediterranean/Turkish cafe, Tuckerbox has more of a coffee shop vibe. We came here around 11am on a weekday and was able to get a table without too much of a fuss. I can see how crazy busy this place would be on a weekend, though.

Menu is on the smaller side, but everything was high quality and fresh. We ordered the grilled cheese and chicken pesto sandwich, and both had great flavors (I generally dislike chicken breast because it tends to be dry, but their's was done right). Both are served on Texas style toast, which was delicious. In addition, as a tea lover, I enjoyed their vast selection of high quality loose leaf teas as opposed to the generic bagged teas.

Great place to enjoy some coffee/tea while reading or working!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The Turkish dinner at Tuckerbox really blew us away. We shared a large mixed plate of starters--hummus, baba ganoush, stuffed grape leaves, etc.--and it was incredible. I've never liked stuffed grape leaves until I tasted these incredible melt-in-your-mouth homemade ones! The plate is served with a large hot-out-of-the-oven fresh puffy bread, like a big cloud as it's filled with air before it deflates. For the main dish I had a mixed veggie dish served with rice, and also tasted a shrimp dish our friend had--both excellent. I like that there are vegetarian options. We all loved our main dishes and we ended up ordering all four dessert options--rice pudding, almond pudding, etc. and sharing. The dessert with the melted cheese on shredded wheat was out of this world. We ended a perfect meal with Turkish coffee. These are all excellent, made-from-scratch dishes. Come hungry to this restaurant as portions are generous. Very friendly service too.

1  Thank susiparis
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Went on a recommendation from a friend. Very glad we went. Very tasty food with spices that I have never experienced before. I do recommend a visit but make reservations before.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

We had a nice lunch here on our way to Montreal.

The main theme is Turkish so we had Turkish salads for lunch, very nce and very reasonable portions not too small and not too large.

Turkish coffee came with smallpiece of Turkish delight