“Cozy and Pet Friendly”

Stowe Cabins in the Woods
Reviewed 14 April 2016

These cabins are tucked away down a dirt road. They are cozy and pet friendly. The property was great for mini hikes and dog walking. A quick drive brings you to Ben and Jerrys Factory, Cabot Cheese and Boyden Winery Tastings. Trail heads to beautiful hiking trails are a short trip away also. The owners are on the property and very helpful! I enjoyed my stay here and am hoping to get back soon.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 April 2016

My family (My partner, 7 month old son, and myself) recently stayed at Stowe Cabin in the Woods for a few days. For a family travelling with small children this is a great option! Easy on the budget, but with a separate room for the kids, so you can still enjoy your cabin post-bedtime. The owners were attentive to our needs. Our first night was a little chillier than expected, and we arrived just before our son's bedtime, so they provided us with a space heater to keep his room toasty for the night. Upon mentioning that we were on our way to the Smuggler's Notch Distillery, they gave us some tokens for a free tasting (definitely worth a visit while you're in town). Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay. There are a few minor details that I should mention. If you have allergies, this probably isn't the place for you. I realize that most hotels don't wash their comforters between every visit, however, given that this is a pet friendly accommodation, it might be a good idea to do so, as our bedding smelled a bit like wet dogs. (I also realize that this could have been remedied if we brought it up to the owners, but it kept slipping my mind, and we're a pet friendly family, so it wasn't a huge deal). If you are squeamish with pests, this might also not be the best place for you. There were some mouse droppings on the counter before we left. This is totally normal for a cabin in the woods, especially if you can't control the cleanliness of each guest during their stay, but just thought I'd mention it. Overall, great place to stay, we'd love to come back during ski season!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2016

My husband booked this place and we were very content with it. The cabin had 2 bunk beds, and one queen size bed in 2 bedrooms. A good size bathroom, a sufficient kitchen, dinning area, sofa and a tv. The basics were there and the needs were met.

We were there for 4 days for a wedding in Vermont. Great location and surround by woods and mother nature. Cozy, clean and comfy.

It is off the beaten path once you find the sign off a main road. WE enjoyed it for a family of 5! I can't remember if we had wifi, or any issues with it.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong, they all have nice wooded views, we didn't see any animals...
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2015

I appreciated the privacy of the cabins and the size was fine for our short stay. My only issue was that a neighboring visitor kept smoking outside, forcing our family to keep our windows closed and keep moving our kids back inside the cabin so they weren't inhaling the smoke. I'm not sure that there's a good solution for this, but it was a bit frustrating to me to not be able to enjoy our time where we wanted to.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2015

These are nice cabins nestled in the woods. They have full kitchens and ours had a very nice porch. The shower had good pressure and the full size fridge was very nice. The mattress was firm the bed was comfortable the TVs were fine and most importantly the room was clean and free of any bugs.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
8.4 km away
Grey Fox Inn & Resort
Grey Fox Inn & Resort
#14 of 24 in Stowe

Been to Stowe Cabins in the Woods? Share your experiences!