“Delicious Thai Food!”

Ocha Thai Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 39 Restaurants in Waterbury
Reviewed 15 January 2017

We had a nice meal at this little thai eatery. The service was good and the menu has a wide variety of thai dishes. I had a tasty noodle soup with pork in it. Eat in or take out. Great place to grab a bite to eat in Waterbury!

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

We were on a family vacation and stopped by for dinner at Ocha Thai as it showed up as highly rated. Upon entry we were greeted by an extremely gruff individual who asked how many we were (4) and rudely asked to to sit in 2 separate tables as he did not have room. After being seated he brought the menus while I was answering a phone call. I hung up and the same gruff man in a loud voice asked me to take my call outside as he did not like people talking on the phone. We placed our order and a minute later for some strange reason the guy came back in a threatening manner saying "you angry at me' . We were all taken aback at the threatening manner and left the restaurant after cancelling our order. I have NEVER had such an experience at any eatery and have never seen such behavior in the hospitality industry. Wish Tripadvisor had -ve ratings as my experience was the worst.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 25 September 2016

This is across the street from the Fairfield Inn, where we stayed. Grabbed some red curry for take out and it was delicious.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Had dinner as a party of three, which included our daughter who lived in Thailand for a year. We all agreed that the food we were served was quite good, fresh, well-flavored and plentiful. Prices were very reasonable. Menu was robust Had we stayed in Waterbury longer, we might well have eaten there again.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Saw reviews for Ocha Thai on TripAdvisor and decided to stop on way home from Lake Champlain. Glad we did! Great food. Restaurant is tucked into a little shopping complex at 1024 Waterbury Stowe Rd across from the Fairfield Inn just a short distance up the Stowe road after you get off the Waterbury exit. Quite small interior, pleasant, but quite plain. My duck curry was excellent. Loads of roasted duck cut up and immersed in a wonderful red curry accompanied by red and green peppers, succulent eggplant, pieces of pineapple and more. White rice on the side to be added as desired. I asked for it to be a little beyond medium hot and it was perfect. We also had fresh spring rolls served with peanut sauce. These too were wonderful, light, fresh and delicious. Granddaughter had the pad thai and loved it. Ginger tea is something that often comes simply as a teabag in hot water. Here it was actual brewed ginger tea. Will be back.

Date of visit: August 2016