All reviews a wonderful stay grand view farm sheep kim yarn chores chuck knit vermont accommodations snowshoeing gotland
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Grand View Farm for a weekend-stay last month. It is an enchanting place. The B&B area of the house was built in the 1700's and is beautiful. Kim and Chuck are awesome hosts. In addition to being treated to incredible breakfasts (including pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, both from their farm and taking into account my need to be gluten-free), we were also treated to a snowshoe hike in the woods across from their house, which are extensive, breathtakingly beautiful, and still and so quiet. My husband fed the sheep, and I got to cuddle up with one of them. The "suite" accommodations had all the amenities we could possibly need for our stay. The bed was incredibly comfortable, Chuck kept the wood stove in the cozy sitting room running which kept us toasty warm, and the bathroom was fully updated with a fantastic shower. The beauty and peacefulness of the farm in winter as well as the incredible view cannot be described in words. Such a wonderful experience. Highly recommended in winter, or any time of year! We'll be back.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kim G, Owner at Vermont Grand View Farm and Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Winter tends to be our "slow" time of year on the farm, yet one of the most beautiful. This couple took full advantage of our offer to take them on a guided snowshoe trek in the woods across from the farm. For those looking for winter adventure, our farm is also less than a mile away from the VAST (Vermont Association of Snow Travlers) trail system and about 12 miles from the Strafford Nordic Ski Center. We so enjoyed our time hosting this lovely couple on our farm. We look forward to their return visit.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Spending 2 nights at Grand View Farm was a restorative, inspiring, peaceful, calming, delicious and wonderful experience. I came here with my sister and a friend for a girls getaway with the intention of unplugging from city life for a bit and reconnecting with what's truly important. Kim & Chuck are incredible hosts and cooks, and recommended some great stops for day adventures close by. The suite is cozy and welcoming with lots of thoughtful details and gorgeous surroundings. Anyone interested in a truly mesmerizing experience should consider a farm stay over your typical beach getaway. If I didn't live across the country, id go back sooner!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kim G, Owner at Vermont Grand View Farm and Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

With two bedrooms, our Farmhouse Suite makes a wonderful destination for a friends get-away. These three young ladies enjoyed touring the area and sampling some of Vermont's finest foods. We enjoyed sharing our farm with them.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

Thoroughly enjoyed a 4 day stay at a top notch and welcoming B&B which offered an enchanting farm stay experience amongst the most facinating backdrop of Vermont's only Gotland sheep farm. Breakfasts and dinners were beyond my expectation. Along the way I thoroughly enjoyed 3 days of private felting classes with Kim which have taken me to a whole new level. This is an experience not to be missed!

Room tip: All rooms are beautifully appointed
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Kim G, Owner at Vermont Grand View Farm and Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

I offer private fiber art classes in my barn studio upon request. This guest had a four night, three day "mini retreat" all to herself. Her retreat included all meals and instruction. It was a joy to work alongside of such an enthusiastic student!

Reviewed 4 January 2016

I came here for a long weekend over New Year's Eve with my boyfriend and friends and we had an absolutely lovely time. Kim and Chuck were attentive and helpful hosts and the breakfasts and dinners were delicious. We snowshoed and relaxed by the woodstove and got to meet the sheep and the llama! Apparently if you go back in March/April you can see the lambs! Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kim G, Owner at Vermont Grand View Farm and Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

Our winter guests are always invited to take advantage of our snowshoes and the trails in the woods! We enjoyed having you visit with us!

Reviewed 8 November 2015

My stay at Vermont Grand View Farm was so much more than your typical "we had a lovely time" kind of review!! Vermont Grand View Farm, a working sheep farm and Bed and Breakfast, conveniently located to everything Vermont, is an experience not to be missed. The actual B&B, built in the late 1700's is a pristine, beautifully restored house complete with the most comfortable four poster bed and hotel quality bedding, a stacked, set up and ready to light vintage wood burning stove in the wide plank floor cozy living room. (The bathroom was immaculate). I felt like I had stepped back in time. Our most delightful and helpful InnKeeper, Kim, served breakfast and dinner meals to die for that included locally grown fruits and vegetables, homemade apple cider, gourmet frittata, a vegetarian casserole and homemade treats from neighboring farms. Kim was so accommodating and worked with me ahead of time providing the most delicious vegetarian and gluten free meals I have ever had.
I opted to work with the sheep one morning feeding, petting and getting to know the flock who are as friendly as a litter of puppies. Kim spent a lot of time with us explaining the workings of the farm and telling us all about sheep and farm life.
You can certainly sleep in and awaken to the most beautiful mountain view, hot coffee and homemade blueberry muffins (from Kim's garden) before you explore this fantastic area of Vermont.
I highly recommend a visit to Vermont Grand View Farm. You will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kim G, Owner at Vermont Grand View Farm and Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

We serve a continental breakfast Monday-Friday right in the Farmhouse Suite so that you can sleep in and eat at your leisure. Saturday and Sunday are full service breakfast days. I am happy to accommodate dietary restrictions with some advance notice.

These two women were a delight to get to know and we hope to see them again soon!