“Eat here!! Eat here!!”

Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Vergennes
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Welcome to 3 Squares Café! We're serving up casual and creative cuisine three meals a day, seven days a week. Located in historic downtown Vergennes, we welcome you to bring the entire family and enjoy a meal in our eclectic, comfortable atmosphere. Noted for our dedication to cooking from scratch, serving generous portions, and supporting local producers, we have been pumping nourishment into the heart of the Vergennes community and those who visit since 2007.
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

This place took me by surprise! Driving through to Burlington on our day off needed a bite and hoping for a drink. Honestly walking in we just thought "oh a cute cafe" with no high expectation. The women at the counter was so friendly and helpful! The food came out soooo fast! I can not say enough how delicious the food was! My boyfriend and I both just mind blown! I got the eggs Benedict special. And he got the French toast on the menu. Seriously to date the BEST food I have had in VT! Give this place a chance. The nay sayers don't have a clue.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Best burrito with homemade Mole'! Very friendly service. And desserts are top notch. Well worth the trip!

Reviewed 2 January 2017

My husband and I along with another couple ate here in New Years day for breakfast. The 3 Sqaures seems to be a popular place amongst the locals and fills up fast. we happen to luck out and got a table, its a bit self serve meets laid back and friendly service. You will need to go up and order and the food will be brought out to you.This is not a 'diner' by any means but more like eating a small café with country charm. Each of our diners enjoyed a breakfast burrito, freshly made pancakes with homemade whipped cream, the traditional eggs and toast and I had the egg fontino, just yummy. all were tasty, fresh and perfectly cooked. Def a place to put on your list if you happen to be traveling through this little town or staying on or by the lake.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We stopped for lunch in this quaint town. The food and service were great. It was a little hard to grab a table as it's you order from the counter then try to find a seat. Lol! We were able to sit at a counter near the door. One of us stood up. I didn't mind because of having been in the car. I do not find it relaxing to have to wait to grab a table and wondering if your food will come out first...where will you eat? That being said, the food was good. The sandwichs are served with greens, in a vinaigrette, slaw, and pickle. The tuna melt was great. The soups looked good too. Go early? It's a busy place and rightly so; great food draws a crowd. Find your table, then order?

Reviewed 27 November 2016

3 Squares is justifiably known locally for its excellent breakfasts and lunches. Staff is friendly with table service after ordering at counter. New digs are more commodious, though the popularity of the 3 Squares might cause a short wait. Lunch sandwiches are large and food quality is top notch.

1  Thank John H